Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 I20 Diesel I20....The car is awesome. But I am facing a BIG problem with my car from last 3 - 4 months.

The power from the engine is gone. The pick up is no more there.
I keep it on full throttle but the engine wouldn't produce any power.

I had got it checked from a service centre and they said that MIGHT be the MAF sensor is malfunctioning. However I disconnected the MAF sensor but the problem still persisted(along with resetting the ECU).

It seems to be some other problem. The engine is 100% fine and nothing wrong with it.

Can any one guide me what the problem might be.??????

·
Registered
77 Posts
Classic symptoms of a clogged diesel particulate filter, have you got any warning lights displayed /

Could also be the Turbo, they occasionally blow even at low mileage. Hyundai should be able to diagnose it in two minutes - good luck.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Also symptomatic of a failing EGR valve, agree with the others take it to a dealer these engines go like the clappers when they're healthy, so it should be easy for them to find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No warning lights are being displayed......
will take it to dealership once more for diagnosis............
Hope for the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello 88b
any progress in your problem? if solved what was it?
Thanks for a update as we are all suffering for similar problems

chris

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a similar problem and my Hyundai dealer said that any EGR problems would bring up a fault code on the ECU. They did an ECU software update and for now the problem has gone away. The only other suggestion was fuel filter blockage due to using supermarket fuel!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello AlanTR
when did you get the upgrade of your ECU? I got mine this week and it was a very new update. This is really solving the problem of dead band when accelerating. More torque, no more dead band more power at low rev and the best it uses less gas too in city and country road.
Have a check with your dealer. It concern all cars between 2010 and 09/2013.
Enjoy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pick up problems with my i20 sportz petrol 2013 model:
On hill slopes, say, all cars ahead of us are moving at certain speed (40-60 kmph) and in a rhythm say at 3rd or 4th gear. Suddenly, if everybody slow down (not halt) we shift gears. That time when I shift gears from 3rd or 4th to 2nd, my car refuses to climb. Cars ahead of me advance without any hassle, cars behind me then start to honk continuously. Than I am left with no alternative, to gain momentum, I forcefully shift to 1st gear even though the speed is not suited for 1st gear, even though, I know when I shift to 1st gear the car is going to give a solid jerk.

Sometimes, overtaking also becomes tricky, because my car does not gain momentum the way it should. Every time intentionally, I have to lower my gear to gain that momentum for overtaking.

Agree, for some speed brakers we have no option but shift to 1st gear. But on some speed brakers, we can proceed on 2nd gear. At that time after crossing the speed brakers the car does not gain momentum. then the same thing, forcefully shift to 1st gear, experience a jerk and proceed.

Can anybody help .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had similar problems with my ix20 1.6 diesel .apparent flat spots around 2000rpm & would not rev above 3000. fault was traced to the fuel filter eventually ,after replacing the EGR valve Millage on car 37k

·
Registered
6 Posts
similar problems on my1.6 diesel eventually traced to diesel fuel filter ,After they had tried renewing the EGR valve this was at 37k miles
these filters should be changed on major services but are often missed out

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 I20 Diesel I20....The car is awesome. But I am facing a BIG problem with my car from last 3 - 4 months.

The power from the engine is gone. The pick up is no more there.
I keep it on full throttle but the engine wouldn't produce any power.

I had got it checked from a service centre and they said that MIGHT be the MAF sensor is malfunctioning. However I disconnected the MAF sensor but the problem still persisted(along with resetting the ECU).

It seems to be some other problem. The engine is 100% fine and nothing wrong with it.

Can any one guide me what the problem might be.??????
Did you resolve the issue? I have same issue but intermittently.. Please suggest

1 - 13 of 13 Posts