Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a part of my white santa fe repainted, and now i can see 2 color tone (the new paint is not as glossy as the original).

My question is, is this because my body shop did a poor paint job or is it true that no body shop can repaint a crystal white car perfectly?

My wife claims that it's probably because the shop didn't have the exact paint, and i'll have better luck at the dealership (which will charge me an arm and a leg)...

Anyone else have experience? any luck?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I recently got a part of my white santa fe repainted, and now i can see 2 color tone (the new paint is not as glossy as the original).

My question is, is this because my body shop did a poor paint job or is it true that no body shop can repaint a crystal white car perfectly?

My wife claims that it's probably because the shop didn't have the exact paint, and i'll have better luck at the dealership (which will charge me an arm and a leg)...

Thanks.
A quality body shop should be able to match the paint. Did they tell you it wouldn't match? If not, ask them to redo it until it matches, or give you a refund.
Naturally you, and anyone else, would expect it to match had they not said otherwise.
John

·
Registered
413 Posts
You usually get what you pay for. It's a 2013 why repaint it? Our dealer doesn't even do paint work they sub it out...

·
Registered
413 Posts

Thanks.
Did you get a quote from the dealer? Sometimes they surprise you...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a dent just above the passenger side door (i posted it in another post)... i finally had it fixed... but the paint job is quite poor. The shop claimed that because it's almost impossible to match the pearl white colour perfectly, regardless of how much they blend it.

I got a quote from dealership with the dent, came out to be around 900 dollars. Now the dent is fixed, just that you can notice the different shades of white with different lighting, bothers my wife more as i never really go to the passenger side.

I'll probably get another quote and see how much it is to repaint the panel. Good to know that you can actually do it, i was quite upset when i first saw it to say the least.

·
Registered
154 Posts
They probably did not use the correct paint, meaning the paint from the dealer. I had some work to my previous white Acura TL and the shop use the paint supplied by the Acura dealer. Paint came out perfect.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
413 Posts
They probably did not use the correct paint, meaning the paint from the dealer. I had some work to my previous white Acura TL and the shop use the paint supplied by the Acura dealer. Paint came out perfect.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
They don't need the paint from the dealer, just a paint code and a mixer. My buddy ran an autobody shop for years and all his jobs were awesome, you couldn't tell any color difference in the paint or where the work was done/blended. If an autobody shop says they cannot match it perfectly then they don't' have a proper shop or don't have a good painter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts