Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone! I am experiencing a 15-20% drop in my MPG all of the sudden on my 09 santa fe 3.3l 5 speed. I live in Illinois and it's winter right now even before the winter it was kinda low. I went for a drive today and usually at 65 mph I get between 24-26 MPG before this drop. Now with this drop, I get 21.5-23 MPG. *These are highway numbers*. The city mileage is just unbearable. The vehicle is rated for 17 city. I am only achieving 13-15 MPG. Seems too low. The vehicle is rated for 24 hwy. The vehicle has 207,000 on it I have been noticing it for about 12,000 miles now. Any ideas? Anything helps and is much appreciated! Other than that the car has been excellent!!

Thanks,
Lucas B. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I may have 19 MPG after filling the tank but then thereafter I start the car the second time and it drops like a motherf***er. It dropped from that to 15.2 MPG within a 2 mile drive and starting the car for 30 secs b4 driving. Very sensitive and very hard to come back up if anything it keeps going lower.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The MPG readout on most modern cars are will very.The current number you see would’ve been a estimated reading for the mile driven.Ex Your driving 60mph and you get a 30mpg read out then you rapidly accelerate and the mpg read might not change till the next mile.Also one thing to remember is automatic transmissions have a sweet spot,typicaly for Hyundai’s it’s between 3,000 & 5,550 rpm.Every vehicle is different any decent auto enthusiast should know this.Keep up with your vehicle’s maintenance and be easy the the throttle and your MPG worry’s will be long gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve had this problem the easy fix is to fill the tank with nonethanol or premium with octane booster and do some highway driving.Form my experience dirty gas lines and and carbon build up are your problem.Also there should be a rest button on the steering wheel hold it when your mpg number is displayed to force the computer to recalculate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts