Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Have you tried using the HVAC fan speed control as a substitute? Maybe it provides enough granular control to work that way.
That won’t work because the fan speed affects ALL the vents. Why would you want to reduce AC airflow across the board?

·
Registered
41 Posts
That won’t work because the fan speed affects ALL the vents. Why would you want to reduce AC airflow across the board?
Because once a car is cooled, it doesn't need to blow full blast anyway. You might be able to find a compromise where the breeze is what you like while still keeping the car cool.

I'm trying to help here - don't bite my head off.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Because once a car is cooled, it doesn't need to blow full blast anyway. You might be able to find a compromise where the breeze is what you like while still keeping the car cool.

I'm trying to help here - don't bite my head off.
What I seek is a gentle breeze on my face from the left side vent while the rest of the vents blow much harder and not in my face. Did you read my post #1 above?

The whole point here is that Hyundai has cheapened the vent controls and they now work much less effectively to make us comfortable in our vehicles. If we don’t tell them about the problem we deserve to live with it. Same goes for their omission of locking glove boxes and the light that USED TO BE INSIDE.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What I seek is a gentle breeze on my face from the left side vent while the rest of the vents blow much harder. Did you read my post #1 above?

The whole point here is that Hyundai has cheapened the vent controls and they work much less effectively to make us comfortable in our vehicles.
And the point I made is that, once the car is cooled, you don't need those other vents to blow harder. So suffer for the first 10 minutes of your drive as the AC does its thing, then as it slows down because the car is at the desired temperature, you can start using that left vent for your gentle breeze. At least, it should be gentler since the car is now cooled. And if it's not to your liking, then you can play with the fan speed. It shouldn't affect the ambient temperature that much by that point (unless you're crossing Arizona, I guess).

You've expressed your discontent over a feature. Your point has been made. Now I'm trying to offer a workaround so you can live with it. The only other alternative is to sell your Santa Fe. I'm not sure where else you want this thread to go: a litany of posts commiserating with you? I'd rather offer a solution.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
And the point I made is that, once the car is cooled, you don't need those other vents to blow harder. So suffer for the first 10 minutes of your drive as the AC does its thing, then as it slows down because the car is at the desired temperature, you can start using that left vent for your gentle breeze. At least, it should be gentler since the car is now cooled. And if it's not to your liking, then you can play with the fan speed. It shouldn't affect the ambient temperature that much by that point (unless you're crossing Arizona, I guess).

You've expressed your discontent over a feature. Your point has been made. Now I'm trying to offer a workaround so you can live with it. The only other alternative is to sell your Santa Fe. I'm not sure where else you want this thread to go: a litany of posts commiserating with you? I'd rather offer a solution.
Thanks, but you were no help at all.
Beyond that, I’m like everybody else here. I’ll live with it when I’m in my car.

I’ll also continue to point out that Hyundai shortchanged us with this design, as well as with the missing glovebox light.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks, but you were no help at all.
Beyond that, I’m like everybody else here. I’ll live with it when I’m in my car.

I’ll also continue to point out that Hyundai shortchanged us with this design, as well as with the missing glovebox light.
Actually I did provide "help". A workaround.

And I guess I was correct: you want to continue whining about this endlessly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Every forum has one. Someone who doesn't own the vehicle but has complaints about it. If it's such a big deal......

1) Why did you buy the vehicle in the first place if that was so important to you?

2) Sell or trade the vehicle that appears to make you so angry that you lash out at other forum members.

3) Keep your posts in the forum about your vehicle that your so mad about so you can avoid explaining that you're actually mad about a car you don't own.

4) Man-up cupcake, you're embarrassing the rest of us real car guys.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Every forum has one. Someone who doesn't own the vehicle but has complaints about it. If it's such a big deal......

1) Why did you buy the vehicle in the first place if that was so important to you?

2) Sell or trade the vehicle that appears to make you so angry that you lash out at other forum members.

3) Keep your posts in the forum about your vehicle that your so mad about so you can avoid explaining that you're actually mad about a car you don't own.

4) Man-up cupcake, you're embarrassing the rest of us real car guys.
No name calling please. Shows a real lack of class.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry, your help was “useless.
This ain't no Rolls-Royce, buddy. There will always be a compromise you have to make at this price point. For you, it's airflow control. For others, it's something else. For example, I don't like the throttle response on the Palisade. But I can live with it. Besides, I'm not the daily driver. My wife is.

You can either choose to make the best of it, learn to live with it and find ways to work around it, or you can choose to whine about it constantly. Clearly you want to keep whining. You must be a real treat to hang out with. Lighten up a little. Think of ways to compromise and live with it. That's why I gave you a workaround. I don't see you suggesting something else.

No name calling please. Shows a real lack of class.
He called you cupcake. You're offended by THAT?!

·
Registered
162 Posts
My 2013 SF XL Limited has flow control on the vents but I've never used it. Vents are always on full flow and I let the automatic climate control take care of the rest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2013 SF XL Limited has flow control on the vents but I've never used it. Vents are always on full flow and I let the automatic climate control take care of the rest.
I"m with you. I own vehicles that have both types of vents and it is the automatic climate control that I defer too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know exactly what you’re referring to re the vents and I concur. Having said that, I was surprised at the number of vehicles I considered that have either NO vents or ill-placed vents in the rear. So just happy to have air flow in back.

Hope the designers will do something different for this in future models.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts