Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our i10 Style has just covered 10000miles and I decided I'd have a look at the state of the pollen filter. I was amazed at the state it was in ....it was absolutely black with muck and tree debris flies and presumably pollen though you would need a microscope to see that. At first I tried vacuuming it but that simply started to pull the fibres out of the filter material so decided the only sensible thing was to fit a new one but they are not cheap for what they are at around £14 a time from Hyundai but after seeing a new one which is White by the way I'm glad I did. I know we've had volcanic ash problems this last year but I am going to change ours at 10000 mile intervals and not wait till the second service as Hyundai recommend it's not difficult to change and even at £14 a time it's the air your breathing inside the car after all!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Good idea. The only issue with Hyundai is that you can't really buy the filter anywhere on internet and even my dealer can't post it. So in my case it is 50 miles trip to get it. My other car dealer I could just ring and the part was delivered on next day.

Edit:
I have changed the thing today. The pollen filter is the same as for kia picanto. The cover removal mechanism is totally stupid. I slightly pressed the side locks with my fingers and...they stayed in my hands. The plastic just snaps when you look at it. Then I spent 10 minutes trying to remove locked cover with screwdriver. Another "simplicity and great design" from Hyundai. I fixed the plate back with piece of tape...for the future.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@SCM :: Come to this thread a bit late, as only now looking at replacing my pollen filter. Can you let me know a bit more about how you went about gaining access? Another thread says you have to open the glove box completely and remove a couple of rubber stoppers ... can you elucidate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
It is behind the glove box on my 2013 i10. I looked.
A simple fit. It doesn't only filter pollen, that's easy..... It filters diesel particulates which can be 0.3 of a micron.
That's why they cost money.
They do get very dirty, it shows it works and protects your lungs. It is even more important if you have young children in the car.
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts