Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else noticed how the LCD screens are polarized differently? Wearing my polarized "shades" and tilting my head to the right will black-out the Nav screen but the same head position will make the LCD screens for temp and fuel gauges appear brighter where tilting my head to the left will make the nav screen appear brighter and black out the instrument screens. On the center LCD screen there is no effect.

Noticed that on my recent long trip.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Acid....and mushrooms will give you the same affect. But yeah on a serious note polorized things all do that.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wow, this could be a very polarizing issue -

some like it and some don't.

:whistling:

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ Jul 26 2010, 05:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344974
Nope - I was prepared for this one - I clearly stated that it is not an issue :whistling:
So, there will be those that think it is an issue and those that don't.

:bwekk:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Jul 26 2010, 05:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344985
So, there will be those that think it is an issue and those that don't.

:bwekk:
LOL - As they say, the only way to get something fool proof is to remove the fool :grin: In this case the ones who cannot read

Anyway, jokes aside. I am still trying to figure out why they would polarize the nav screen at 45 deg. Polaroid sunglasses are vertically polarized and in bright sunlight I would expect the Nav screen to be optimized for conditions where the user may wear polariod sun glasses. So I was expecting the LCD polarization to be vertical as well. There may be other aspects of the design that I am not aware of.

I did notice however that my PC screen (HP) is also polarized at 45 deg but I dont read my PC screen with sunglasses. Telling though is that my $80 Tom Tom is vertically polarized as a good design for a motoring should be. What is also different about the Tom Tom is that even turning the tom tom in its worst case side on position will still allow an acceptable brightness level through the Polaroid sun glasses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts