Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an android phone and want to play various podcasts using the 8" radio in my Tuscon.

So far, I have figured that:

1. You need a podcast app on the phone. Okay, I've tried a few and can't say that any are wonderful :) Suggestions? I want to download the podcasts via my computer, or, if needed, on the phone via wifi.

2. Once I have the podcasts on my phone, it appears that I need to start the podcast using the phone. Then it will play over the bluetooth connection. Again, this works fine ... but I don't like to use the phone while driving.

3. I tried all this last night, and once the 1st podcast had been played, I needed to return to the app to find the next one. Not fun.

I suppose I could use AA, but then I'd have to plug the phone in. Even more complexity.

I'm trying to come up with a simple solution!

·
Registered
207 Posts
In my experience, when I switch to Bluetooth Audio it starts whatever application I used last.
So on my phone I have Youtube, Spotify, Play Music and the phone's internal media player.
If I listen to Spotify, and then open the media player, then 1 hour later I hop in the car, when I choose Bluetooth Audio the media player starts playing, not Spotify (even though I have the notification the spotify is running).

So my recommendation to you is (for step 2) to start the podcast for a bit (1 second?) before starting your car and it should continue playing when you select BT without needing to operate the phone.

If you go the AA route, make sure to use a podcast app that integrates in AA (not all of them do, as they need to pass certain criteria to be allowed by google to run in AA)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. So I guess I am stuck with starting the podcast on the phone. It'd be nice if I could just decide, after driving some time, to push a button on the radio and have the BT figure things out :)

Best,

·
Registered
844 Posts
This is the second time in the last week I have seen a post from someone who complained about the "complexity" of plugging their phone in. What is so complex about plugging your phone in to the USB in your vehicle? Seems pretty simple to me--actually simpler than using bluetooth! And once it's plugged in, you can use the apps directly on the screen. And if Android Auto is similar to how Apple CarPlay works, there is literally zero set up required. Just plug it in, and the infotainment system recognizes it and "projects" the interface, including the apps you can use in the car, including, I would suspect, one that plays podcasts. You can then control it. Plus you get navigation with Google Maps or Waze. And you have the added benefit of charging it as you drive. I routinely plug my phone in when I'm in a car that doesn't have these features, just to charge it. I don't get it! :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably more an issue of habit than complexity. Besides, the additional step I have is that there is USB Drive plugged with a large music library. I will try it tomorrow and see ... check to see what podcast apps support AA first.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used Podcast Addict which you can download all your podcasts in and set a playlist. I use bluetooth to connect to the smaller head unit. I just make sure the app is open before I start driving. I only need to pause/play once I'm on my commute so I don't look at my phone when I'm driving.

I don't have AA on mine but I have used my phone with cars that had it. Podcast Addict is compatible and its controls show up. Almost all features are there. It works great although there are some lags with the interface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts