Hyundai Forums banner

PO198 code (oil temperature?) after a rad flush, ideas?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Christopher 
#1 ·
Hi all, I took my 2011 Santa Fe, 3.5 liter, in for the tail light water thing, and a cracked fitting down near the thermostat (all warranty). I bought a rad flush while they were in there.

I picked up the car, drove for 1/2 hour and got a CEL. Plugged in my code reader and got three PO198's, oil temperature sensor. The dealer was closed by then, so I left it in their lot and will call them tomorrow. Their repair performance to date has been poor, and that's being polite. Any ideas how a rad flush could cause a PO198? Could they have forgot to plug the sensor in? Is it located anywhere near the thermostat housing? Did they not get the air out of the rad, and maybe the engine did get hot?
-Chris

#2 ·
According to reference material, the oil temp sensor is buried under the throttle body, not readily accessable from what I can see.. likely a fluke it turn up, though I dont think we seen that DTC yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.