Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas? I have a 2009 Sonata 3.3L V6 with an Oil Temperature Sensor code PO196. About the same time I also experienced quite a leak. Brought it to the dealership and they say I need a new oil filter housing (yes the entire housing) and a new oil pressure switch. Could it be that there is a gasket that needs to be replaced under the oil filter housing? Or perhaps the problem really lies with the oil pressure switch itself? Are the oil temperature sensor and oil pressure switch one and the same?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the oil filter housing replaced by a mechanic. The new sensor was included on the oil filter housing itself. However, when I brought it home, I noticed that the oil filter housing is for the smaller oil filter. In 2009 the 3.3L had two options 1. a smaller oil filter and 2. a larger oil filter.
Does anyone know if this change in oil filter housing size will make a difference? Attached is the filter housing I should

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks to you guys in this thread i just figured out whats been leaking on mine. have been putting 2-3 qaurts a week into my wifes car,being a mechanic at a shop you would think id have figured it out but the leaks so bad it covers everything and with no luck with normal things like the pressure switch etc its been hard pressed to deal with it,especially since our new service manager has it where i can never get rack time with my own vehicles. thanks to your thread i can fix my car much apreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts