Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an owner of 2001 Hyundai Enlantra. MY engine check code returned :

705 transmission range sensor circuit
715 input speed sensor... my cars rpms were higher than normal.

The Hyundai parts dept. attendant was able to find the input speed sensor. But he had problems finding the transmission range sensor circuit. He to my vehicle VIN and came up with SWITCH INHIBITOR

input read sensor part 42620-39051
switch inhibitor part 42699-39055

I was able to install switch inhibitor where the transmission picture says RANGE SWITCH

But I screwed up and removed the output speed sensor and I incorrectly thought I had the wrong part,

So now at this time I only have the switch inhibitor installed

So at that time I have a new verbiage for the same code
Now my engine check is still on but now it says:

some code 1529 Not explained further Is that a typo error should 1525 Something about emissions probably pep boys want to do some bogus work.

705 input sensor circuit ( I think the pep boy tech left out Speed and somehow added circuit) How much do these scanner cost ?

715 input turbine speed .

Plus another anomaly my drive indicator on the instrument column doesn’t light up DRIVE when I use the selector. If I hit the gas it goes nowhere. I have to move it to drive three and then back to drive and then it works.

So I visit Hyundai part dept attendant and explain my new verbiage for 715 and try to return what I thought was a bad input speed sensor. Well we figured out that the part is right and I removed the wrong sensor (Obviously the OUPUT SPEED SENSOR was put in otherwise I wouldn't be able to visit Hyundai) But I was puzzled by the new verbiage for the 715 code "INPUT TURBINE SPEED" We got hold of one of the mechanics and he said that's because the INPUT SPEED SENSOR wasn't installed yet. That should clear up when you install it

Well I Installed the INPUT SPEED SENSOR. But the same engine check is now present:

705 input read sensor

715 turbine input speed

I thought AUTOZONE had a free reset engine check. But when I called they said something about diagnostics but suggested unhooking the negative from the battery would solve the problem if there is nothing outstanding

Well its still outstanding and I'm getting sick running to PEP BOYS to get a new printout of my engine check.

My Rpms are normal for the speed I'm going and that's what I care about but I don't like having this engine check outstanding
Question ... Is there adjustment to the Ranges Switch bar that would align the unit to work properly ?
Question What resets these codes

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (distressed @ Jul 24 2010, 04:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344435
I'm an owner of 2001 Hyundai Enlantra. MY engine check code returned :

705 transmission range sensor circuit
715 input speed sensor... my cars rpms were higher than normal.

The Hyundai parts dept. attendant was able to find the input speed sensor. But he had problems finding the transmission range sensor circuit. He to my vehicle VIN and came up with SWITCH INHIBITOR

input read sensor part 42620-39051
switch inhibitor part 42699-39055

I was able to install switch inhibitor where the transmission picture says RANGE SWITCH

But I screwed up and removed the output speed sensor and I incorrectly thought I had the wrong part,

So now at this time I only have the switch inhibitor installed

So at that time I have a new verbiage for the same code
Now my engine check is still on but now it says:

some code 1529 Not explained further Is that a typo error should 1525 Something about emissions probably pep boys want to do some bogus work.

705 input sensor circuit ( I think the pep boy tech left out Speed and somehow added circuit) How much do these scanner cost ?

715 input turbine speed .

Plus another anomaly my drive indicator on the instrument column doesn’t light up DRIVE when I use the selector. If I hit the gas it goes nowhere. I have to move it to drive three and then back to drive and then it works.

So I visit Hyundai part dept attendant and explain my new verbiage for 715 and try to return what I thought was a bad input speed sensor. Well we figured out that the part is right and I removed the wrong sensor (Obviously the OUPUT SPEED SENSOR was put in otherwise I wouldn't be able to visit Hyundai) But I was puzzled by the new verbiage for the 715 code "INPUT TURBINE SPEED" We got hold of one of the mechanics and he said that's because the INPUT SPEED SENSOR wasn't installed yet. That should clear up when you install it

Well I Installed the INPUT SPEED SENSOR. But the same engine check is now present:

705 input read sensor

715 turbine input speed

I thought AUTOZONE had a free reset engine check. But when I called they said something about diagnostics but suggested unhooking the negative from the battery would solve the problem if there is nothing outstanding

Well its still outstanding and I'm getting sick running to PEP BOYS to get a new printout of my engine check.

My Rpms are normal for the speed I'm going and that's what I care about but I don't like having this engine check outstanding
Question ... Is there adjustment to the Ranges Switch bar that would align the unit to work properly ?
Question What resets these codes
Find an auto zone that will scan your car's computer. Do not disconnect battery? This action will not fix anything.
After auto zone scans your car's computer, either buy what you need from Auto Zone, or any other parts house and fix it yourself, or take the car to a reputable auto service shop and have them repair the car.
That should take care of your problems.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
If you disconnect the battery for a minute or two, it will reset the ecu and wipe out the resident codes. Then you can see what comes back.

Output and input sensors usually get replaced in pairs since the ecu is never really quite sure which one is bad. Should have come to us earlier so I could tell you to buy OEM ones at Fourgreen a lot cheaper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-07-Hyund...s#ht_3759wt_960

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts