Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off i went to work and ac was blowing fine got off work nothing. checked the fuses and releys under hood they are all good. when i turn ac on i can hear a click and fan under hood kick on there is also a click. no speed will work on the fan switch pulled out the blower motor and it works but the wire that connects to it does not read any juice is getting too it. also when i am running down the road i can turn it on and feel cold air comming out just not blowing please help i have a 6 and a 1 year old and this is my only car cant afford to take to mechanic and it is brutally hot for the kids

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi, it is probably just your ressistor that is blown, all this does is send the correct amount of electricity to the blower in accordance with the speed setting on your dial. Easy fix and the part is usually about 20 bucks depending where you shop. :00000732: You can get really usefull info on the HMAS service site for free once you`ve logged in by creating a password and user name you can access info and diagrams about your specific car by entering your VIN, you can find the ressistor location and how to get to it there. After that enjoy your AC ...

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Sounds like you have suffered from the infamous fan switch failure. You can replace it yourself fairly easily although I'm not sure how much the part is. Knock on wood I've been very lucky with mine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I believe it is behind the glove box and can be tested easily for continuaty with a regular electrical tester, to find out which terminals to tap on to just go on HMAS and the diagram is there under heating and cooling. You can also check the fan switch like lovemysantafe said with the same tester to be sure you change the right part. The clicks you hear is a good sign, that means that the commpressor is working so it has to be either the resistor or the fan switch.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
The reason I jumped to the fan switch is that it's a common failure item and it loves to drop dead in extreme weather (hot or cold).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts