Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Let me just quickly describe what happened to my sister's car. She was driving it one day and she drove up onto a curb and ended up putting a hole in her transmission pan. After we changed that and added tranny oil, the car's tranny has not shifted the same ever since (it has difficulty picking the apporpriate gear to be in and is pretty clunky and lurchy when it shifts).

Now, a couple of weeks ago, I was driving it, and on one shift the transmission made a really big clunky gear changing noise, shifted, but then the check engine or check transmission light (yellow) came on.

These days, I have the car parked and I notice that the light is off again. But, I also notice that when the car is in neutral (and up on jack stands), the driver's side tire does not spin while the pasenger side tire spins freely and uncontrallably (even if you press the brake, it starts to accelerate again).

So, my questions for you guys:

1. Is the spinning of one tire in neutral a bad thing? What could be the problem?
2. Is there a computer or something that I can reset the transmission with after pouring more tranny fluid in (after the transmssion pan accident)?
3. Are there any other easy checks or repairs I can do to ensure the transmission is better and does not clunk into gear?
4. Does it matter that the drivetrain light came on and then went off? What was that?

Thank you,

Sam

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You state the MIL is illuminated,,, go have it scanned and report the codes as displayed number wise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts