Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning guys,

I just bought a 2006 Sonata GLS 4cylinder 165k miles.

The problem is, is that all the windows, except the driver's window, do not work when depressed on the Master Switch or on the actual button corresponding to the window i.e. the back window button. Also, I noticed that I can press the Door Lock button on the Master Switch but if I have to Unlock the doors, it will not work!! I am stumped guys, can you please help me?

Original solution: I did order another Power Window Master Switch and installed it, but the original problems are still there. I have no clue what to do...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had an Elantra that had the same symptoms. I fixed it by removing the switch assembly from the door, opening it up, and cleaning it. The contacts on the board were dirty, probably due to carbon build up. I think I used an eraser to scrub the contacts.

You say you installed a new master switch - is that the whole board that contains all the switches? If so, then my solution wouldn't help you of course. But if the new master switch is just the single button the enables/disables all the windows, then perhaps dirty contacts on all the other buttons is the problem. But in my case, the locks & windows would occasionally barely work if you fiddled with the switch enough. If yours doesn't do that, then it's probably not a dirty contacts problem.

Have you tested to see if you have power at the switch? Have you checked the fuse?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Main things to check are that you're getting power to the master AND ground. Check related fuses in case half the circuit is on its own fuse.

Check for continuity across the circuit to the doors/windows the corresponding switch should operate. Ex, pushing window down-button for passenger on the master switch closes the circuit and sends power to the passenger side window motor. Has anything gotten wet in/around the main junction (look for green corrosion on various connectors, cut/stripped wires... etc.)

This sounds like a power delivery or ground issue. Not familiar with 2006 to see if any of this goes through the Body Control Module but might be worth hooking up a better scantool to see if there are any codes. On newer SF's, much of the power delivery and management is coming from the BCM to control central door locks, power windows, interior lighting... etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello zirconx, Thanx for the reply. Yes, the Power Window Master Switch is used but very clean. It basically looks like a Module on the driver's side with the ability to open/close lock/unlock all windows and controls the power locks as well.

After installing the new Master Switch module, the symptoms remain the same. Only driver window will open/close. Can only lock but not unlock. All other windows will not work. Their corrosponding button on their door side won't work for example I am sitting in the back, window button won't work the window.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kpanasew, Thank you for replying. That is interesting. I will search all the fuses for any discrepancy. What do you mean main junction? Is that where all the fuses go to? I think I will buy a circuit tester. Maybe that will help if I try to use that.

I will update this thread should I find an answer, in case someone in the future has the same problem as me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks AUTOSPARK, I will try that first thing in the morning. I will also try to post pictures if I have to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, No bamboozle, I just have work, school, and court. I couldn't check it with the voltmeter yet. I did check the fuses and they were still intact. Hmm....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts