Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi dear forumites, my beloved 1998 Atoz won't start. Happened for the first time 6 days ago, I turned ignition key and utter silence happened. My friend charged my battery with her compressor charger in 2 minutes, and off we went. Then I didn't drive for 2 days, and now when I turn ignition on, there is a noise like a jackhammer / machine gun coming from the battery area. I have removed and cleaned the battery terminals, which has had no effect. My Atoz MOT is due in a month , so I don't want to spend too much money now then find out she won't pass unless I get expensive work done on her. I have lost the handbook at either the \mot centre or mechanic last year, neither will own up. But I am logical and can understand most stuff if clearly put. Many thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
The tat tap tap sound is usually your starter trying the start the car. With a fresh battery installed it's now time to check the rest of the electrical system. alternator, voltage regulator, wiring and grounds.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
I also wish I had a big pot of money. Some things can be done very cheap or free with basic tools. I would start by inspecting the battery cables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts