Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install an aftermarket stereo, here are photos of the plug in the car, and a wiring diagram of the after market stereo. Can anyone please tell me which colours from the original plug go to which cables on the wiring diagram? Can't find details of this plug anywhere online. Thanks heaps in advance! Will help me out a lot

Attachments

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Buy one of these:

It won't mess up the wiring, and if you want to keep the new radio when you sell or trade the car, you just pull it and reinstall the original radio...

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Not sure what those plugs are but I do know you can buy off the shelf interface plug/socket that simply plug and play for many cars and radios.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buy one of these:

It won't mess up the wiring, and if you want to keep the new radio when you sell or trade the car, you just pull it and reinstall the original radio...
Unfortunately I live in a small town a fair drive from any shops that would sell anything like this. I will be driving this car to get to work and back until it dies, so I'm not too worried about putting a standard one back in

·
Registered
887 Posts
Order a wiring harness online amazon, crutchfield etc. DO NOT cut wires to install an aftermarket head unit! It’s the dumb thing to do..

That’s something we did in the 90s as a last resort if no aftermarket harness was available. Buy the proper harness and it’s plug and play once you heat shrink an solder the aftermarket head unit harness to the vehicle specific harness.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
Did looks at this photo, but if you look at the ones I posted you will see that the wiring is different between them.
Yeah, I did notice that. But maybe that's not the right picture for your particular car. I could only guess since you haven't filled in your forum user profile.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Order a wiring harness online amazon, crutchfield etc. DO NOT cut wires to install an aftermarket head unit! It’s the dumb thing to do..

That’s something we did in the 90s as a last resort if no aftermarket harness was available. Buy the proper harness and it’s plug and play once you heat shrink an solder the aftermarket head unit harness to the vehicle specific harness.

It was the ONLY thing you could do in the 70's and 80's! ;)

It was with a heavy heart I cut the harness on the '85 Corolla GTS. I tried to find a matching connector before hand but alas, none was to be had, so once when I brought the car in for service the service manager (a pretty cool guy) printed out the connector diagram for me so I knew what went where.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts