Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently began using Electric Mode in my Sonata Plug-In Hybrid 2019 Ltd for the first time. But I am unsure of exactly how it differs from Hybrid Mode and what should be my optimal driving strategy. I ASSUME that Electric Mode does NOT use gasoline AT ALL until switching to Hybrid Mode as the battery charge nears depletion.

However, today I selected Electric Mode and monitored the results before, during and after an 11-mile trip (during which I used seat warming about half the time). I found the results confusing.

At the start, the Range indicated 26 for Battery and 480 for Gasoline. I used Electric Mode entirely. At the end, the Range indicated 16 for Battery and 471 for Gasoline !!

I expected the Gasoline Range to remain unchanged during my trip. Why did both Battery and Gasoline Ranges go down?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I discovered what I think is the issue. I had the ECO Mode engaged which thwarted the Electric Mode that I thought that I had engaged. It appears that ECO Mode forces the car back into Hybrid Mode. Once I deactivated ECO Mode, gasoline consumption stopped as I had intended.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
I would think that when it's in electric mode the ice will still turn on when the battery voltage gets below a certain voltage. This voltage would be lower than when in hybrid mode allowing extended use of the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts