Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2004 2WD Santa Fe V6 2.7L (cruise control works fine, no ABS). I have had it for a few years. The check engine light has been on since I bought it. Took it to a "guaranteed to pass emissions" and still didnt pass. It sat in my moms yard for a year and now I have fixed all but one. The P0501 code. I bought a new VSS and FR-WSS. Swapped those, put a new MAF Sensor on it. Just did a oil change. Cleared the codes. Now CEL is back on with 2 codes. The same P0501 and now a P1166. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I own a 2004 2WD Santa Fe V6 2.7L (cruise control works fine, no ABS). I have had it for a few years. The check engine light has been on since I bought it. Took it to a "guaranteed to pass emissions" and still didnt pass. It sat in my moms yard for a year and now I have fixed all but one. The P0501 code. I bought a new VSS and FR-WSS. Swapped those, put a new MAF Sensor on it. Just did a oil change. Cleared the codes. Now CEL is back on with 2 codes. The same P0501 and now a P1166. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Reset codes and now im back down to the stubborn P0501.
Somebody told me to get new tires? Does anyone know if that would actually help??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts