Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please give me some advice ... good advice would be preferred lol ... no bad news ..had enough lol.

Ok i had my fuel level sensor codes come up for BOTH A and B. fuel gauge was occasionally working.
Bought both new sensors matched them according to my VIN.
now my fuel gauge is on empty and it took about 10 minutes BUT now check engine lights back on and tested again and same exact sensors codes are on again .. Fuel level sensors A and B ...
What else could be causing this?
I had battery disconnected while doing this and it took about 4 hours total. so i was told that i might have to have computer reprogrammed? But i cant believe that because the gauge itself is still on E .

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Please give me some advice ... good advice would be preferred lol ... no bad news ..had enough lol.

Ok i had my fuel level sensor codes come up for BOTH A and B. fuel gauge was occasionally working.
Bought both new sensors matched them according to my VIN.
now my fuel gauge is on empty and it took about 10 minutes BUT now check engine lights back on and tested again and same exact sensors codes are on again .. Fuel level sensors A and B ...
What else could be causing this?
I had battery disconnected while doing this and it took about 4 hours total. so i was told that i might have to have computer reprogrammed? But i cant believe that because the gauge itself is still on E .

Any ideas?
I have heard of people putting their sensors on upside down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of people putting their sensors on upside down.
well we thought that on the one on the fuel pump and switched them around .. so we flipped that 1 .. and according to the diagram, it looks correct now ...

But whats confusing is it says BOTH are getting high readings . same code as before, 0463.

The 1st time i put them in and check engine light came on, i figured, if 1 was upside down,that 1 wouldnt work. But not both? So i switched 1 around and Both are still not working? hmmmm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts