Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the back drivers side exterior door handle just broke off in my hand. I completed a search and got some contradictory information. I read that it is a really easy 10 minute job, and then it was a pain remove the door panel. My front doors do have the black rubber plug about the size of a half dollar, but the rear doors do not. So, the question is, what is the best method to replace the handle 2007 Hyundai Sonata 3.3 Liter.

The manual states:

1) Remove the rear door trim
2) Remove the door glass
3) Remove the inside handle
4) Remove the outside handle base
5) Remove rear door module
6) Installation is reverse

Anyone got a better technique than taking apart the door panel and glass? Any help is really appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So there is a little black cover on the inside, but totally unlike the front doors. Anyone, someone has had to have replaced the exterior door handle or knows how its done. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yeah, it only takes a few minutes. DONT remove the door panel, it seems you found the plug, just like the front door, use an 8mm with extension and remove the lock cover bolt(no lock in this door).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok good. So there is a smaller black rubber/plastic plug on the door, just in a different location then the front. I hope it is that easy. The first one broke on the front door while I was out of town so I had to have it fixed, $400.00. What a rip. I ordered an OEM handle for $21.00 plus shipping, black. I can live with black. Thanks for the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts