Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Hi guys, you might be interested in this:
Regardless of where you live, I can't imagine anyone thinking that having a video playing for the driver to watch while speeding down the road is a GOOD idea. It is NOT. :(

I suspect (hope) that in the US and other places where doing that is ILLEGAL that the capability is disabled.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regardless of where you live, I can't imagine anyone thinking that having a video playing for the driver to watch while speeding down the road is a GOOD idea. It is NOT. :(

I suspect (hope) that in the US and other places where doing that is ILLEGAL that the capability is disabled.
NOT AGREE! of corse it is not for me as a driver but the rest of the people in the car can enjoy it. I do not see any problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Can you give us a detailed description of how this is possible? What format does the Video need to be in on the USB stick?

Thanks,
Stephen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi,
Can you give us a detailed description of how this is possible? What format does the Video need to be in on the USB stick?

Thanks,
Stephen.
Hi of course I can. It supports .avi format and others. The player is called CorePlayer, version for Windows CE MISP. Also, I can provide manual and all the others for installation which takes about 5 mins to get it done.

Robert.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
installation instructions

1. Copy content of “Wolf_install” folder to the root of a USB drive.
2. Plug the USB drive into a USB port of already running radio > “Total Commander” apperas on the screen.
3. Content of the USB drive can be seen in “MD” drive.
4. Open it.
5. Copy “CorePlayer” folder to “storage card 4” drive.
6. Copy content of “!files” folder to “storage card 4” drive.
7. Go to “MD” and run “Wolf_install.exe” from “!files” folder. (installation will run in background.)
8. Remove the USB drive.
9. Unplug fuse related to NAVI or turn off the radio and leave it for aprox 10 mins.
10.Run radio > 2 x press and hold setting button for 3 secs > video player appears.
11.Get ready the USB drive for playing movies.
12.Copy “mute.mp3” file from “Wolf_install” folder to the USB drive. It must be only .mp3 file on a drive. (“mute.mp3” mutes the radio otherwise the radio will be still running and sound from a movie will not)
13.Copy some movies on USB drive with “mute.mp3”.
14.Enjoy!

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
SIGH.

Be advised that this is "hacking" the software in your head unit.
If it messes up, the entire thing might end up dead.
It might also void any warranty that you have left on the radio.

AND......if you are in the US and a Cop sees you driving with a video playing you might be in for a VERY expensive ticket.

Proceed at your own risk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
SIGH.

Be advised that this is "hacking" the software in your head unit.
If it messes up, the entire thing might end up dead.
It might also void any warranty that you have left on the radio.

AND......if you are in the US and a Cop sees you driving with a video playing you might be in for a VERY expensive ticket.

Proceed at your own risk.
Where the **** did you come from??? The system "Windows CE" installed in the unit is "embedded" which means for those who are not IT familiar "not possible to damage". All files needed are copied on “storage card 4” drive where is nothing just maps for navigation. I've never said to use it while driving at first place and second if you don't like, I have nothing against. Just leave it.

P.S.1: It's not hacked, it's revamped ;)

P.S.2: I'm glad not living in the U.S.A.. Sorry guys :(

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
The system "Windows CE" installed in the unit is "embedded" which means for those who are not IT familiar "not possible to damage".
That depends on what "embedded" means.

If it is updateable with patches, then it can be wiped out with changes too.

If you search around for forums that cater to GPS units, you will quickly find a fairly large number of folks who have "bricked" their unit (turned it into a "brick") by screwing up a software hack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That depends on what "embedded" means.

If it is updateable with patches, then it can be wiped out with changes too.

If you search around for forums that cater to GPS units, you will quickly find a fairly large number of folks who have "bricked" their unit (turned it into a "brick") by screwing up a software hack.
Who are you? 3rd party GPS/DVD/Video unit seller trying to save your business? It is not possible to brick it. What you see on your car screen is like MS Word in MS Windows. If it goes wrong all you need is reinstall it. The main software still remains untouched. Got it?

I don't need to waste time with you. If someone finds it useful, I can help ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Easy_Rider, I got your point. If you really want to damage the car apps (radio, navi, bluetooth, ....) you can easily do it by deleting files from unit drives. There are 4 of them and they can be deleted but the system itself is embedded. There is no way to damage it even if you get into Windows settings all will be applied only until next run. All the time the Windows starts it goes from embedded settings untouched. Therefor if you manage to delete/damage the car apps there is always way to get it back. This is not the Android with OS in the flash!!! ;)

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
All the time the Windows starts it goes from embedded settings untouched. Therefor if you manage to delete the car apps there is always way to get it back. This is not the Android with OS in the flash!!! ;)
Really ? Possible but not likely, I think.

If the OS really is on ROM then there is no way to "patch" it for bug fixes or updates.

Anyhow, what you propose is still a HACK and I don't like the idea of being on the road with drivers who have a movie playing on the dashboard. Thankfully we are far enough apart so that will never happen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Every time easy_rider comments on a post he always feels like heeds needs to be the bearer of bad news I think this dude is bored! Do us all a favor and find a hobby. Please. With that being said this is a pretty kool mod I'm gonna need to try it out

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Every time easy_rider comments on a post he always feels like heeds needs to be the bearer of bad news
At least I don't take personal shots at people. :mad:

Every time......sure. :rolleyes:

Sometimes delivering bad news is the APPROPRIATE response.

I hope that you don't "brick" your unit and have to pay for a new one.

You do know that some people troll forums and other social media sites for the expressed purpose of sucking gullible people into doing things that will harm them or their equipment.......right.
Well they do. And they always find suckers. They think it's funny.

·
6,836 Posts
I certainly hope that you truly intend to use it for others, not yourself while the car is moving. Watching movies from the driver's seat of a moving car is extremely irresponsible and dangerous.

I ask that everyone keep their language a bit more professional *cough*robertbulko*cough*, and stop with the immature mud-slinging. One more rude post, and this thread will be closed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well, I guess it's an American habit to put nose where it is not needed. It is a rule for a driver to know how to drive and what it means. That's why your comments about how it is dangerous while driving are inappropriate. Imagine long journey with your kids in the car when you need a break for a rest and keep them out of your attention. This is the cheap way how to keep them calm by watching a favorite cartoon..... Enough?

Easy_Rider one last time. Do you understand the meaning of "Windows CE Embedded" pls make your own research about this. There is no need to upgrade the OS and it is not possible to do so with this version of OS but you can update the custom apps. Do you understand???

I belive, my English is not hard to understand ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry Robert bulko don't take as an American thing I see your point of view. my wife would love to watch a movie on our next trip to the Bay Area but some people feel it necessary to be negative all the time. I won't say any names since they will consider it a personal attack.

And really threatening to close a post clearly she's siding with easy rider.

I thought forums were for sharing ideas not bashing someone's cause you don't agree with them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im just gonna say it but someone must be really bored when they've been a member for six months and have almost 2,000 posts. Really you need something to do!!!!

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.