Hyundai Forums banner

Playing Music from iPhone 5 or iPod in my 2013 Sonta GLS

4K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  Blue-Silver 
#1 ·
The music plays fine when connected to USB or via Bluetooth but frequently the song displayed does not advance when the next song is displayed. If I hit a button such as the volume button on the steering wheel or radio the correct song name will then be displayed but the once the song finishes the next song won't be displayed unless I do it again. Sometimes it displays correctly but more frequently it doesn't. I don't think it's a problem with the cable because when connected to my iPod Nano it displays Hyundai on my Nano screen. Do you think there is something wrong with the Music player?

#5 ·
Blue--is your iPhone 5 using the Lightening-to-30 Pin adapter cable? I remember reading that the Hyundai audio system does not play well with those...just a thought

#6 ·
No, my iphone 5 is using the lightening cord. I thought that might have been the problem so I switched to my old Nano with the regular cord. Same thing. The only difference is Nano recognizes the cord and displays the words "Hyundai". Music works on both and like I said not displaying the next song is more a less just a nuisance but I think it should always work, not just sporadically.

#7 ·
I would then point the finger at your aux port.

Mine was replaced under warranty 2 years ago b/c it shorted when using a 3.5mm cable from my cell phone. Possibly the USB port in yours is shorting or broken and not allowing the information to pass to the radio.

#10 ·
Well, well, well. I used an Apple OEM cable with my Nano and no problems whatsoever with the song being displayed not advancing when the next song started playing. So the problem appears to be using a non-Apple cable.

Even with a non-Apple cable the songs played but there are 2 problems:

(1) when advance to next song, the song on display does not change

(2) Song repeats even though Repeat function is off.

These 2 were more of a nusiance because I always could hear the music.

#15 ·
Spoke too soon. Problem with non advancing song information is back, even with Apple OEM cable. I guess I will just live with it. Turning up the volume changes the info on the display to the song playing. I really don't thing it's a problem with the Hyundai Music player but a bug with Apple software. Oh well.

#16 ·
restarting your iPhone fixes it when ever it happenes i have to restart mine all the time its really annoying

#18 ·
After having no success with non Apple and OEM iPod and iPhone cables I tried a different tact which I should have done along time ago. I took my Playlist from iTunes and put my 700 songs on a USB Flash Drive. I kept all my songs in Artist Folders created by iTunes. Works like a charm. No more song titles on the display not advancing when the next song starts playing. I love it! And the best part is I can just leave the Flash Drive in the USB port all of the time. I don't think the cold weather here in Connecticut could hurt the Flash Drive. After all the Sonata's Music Player is out in the cold too :) Besides that my car is in the garage 90% of the time.

#19 · (Edited)
It happened again with the Flash Drive. The song on the display didn't advance when the next song started playing. Darn. I can live with if I wasn't so anal about perfection. After all there isn't anything wrong with the songs playing. I turned off the car and on again and it started displaying the the song title fine again when the next song started playing. It's seems better than my iPhone 5 connected by the lightening cable and isn't happening as much. Question: is this a flaw with my USB port or does this happen once in awhile?

#23 · (Edited)
The USB Flash Drive has played almost the whole week without any wrong song being displayed.

Using the USB Flash Drive there are 2 Folder options, one to show the "Folder/File" and the other to show the "Album/Artist/Song". I like the Artist option better.

I noticed that when using the Folder option the font is larger. Also if the Artist option is chosen, the Folder name and MP3 file name displays for less than one second (Photo 1) until it switches to Album, Artist and Song Name (Photo 2). Anybody notice this when using the USB Flash Drive?

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

#28 ·
Using the USB Flash Drive there are 2 Folder options, one to show the "Folder/File" and the other to show the "Album/Artist/Song". I like the Artist option better.

I noticed that when using the Folder option the font is larger. Also if the Artist option is chosen, the Folder name and MP3 file name displays for less than one second (Photo 1) until it switches to Album, Artist and Song Name (Photo 2). Anybody notice this when using the USB Flash Drive?

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

Does anyone know if this is normal to show Large Font and then switch to Small Font when using USB Flash Drive?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.