Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone ever brought this up, but I was just wondering would it ever be possible for us to rig the Nav to play DVDs/movies? I had previously put in a DVD and tried to access it by pressing Media but it said it couldn't read the disc. But the fact that it allowed me to do such a thing makes it seem that it might be possible..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, noted. I honestly thought that it might have worked somehow. Thanks for at least replying.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes it would have been nice. Note: The nav system is memory based and not on a DVD disc like most other manufacturers. This is to allow quicker boot up times and may cost less to make?

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE (Rayosis @ Jul 20 2010, 04:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343308
Not sure if anyone ever brought this up, but I was just wondering would it ever be possible for us to rig the Nav to play DVDs/movies? I had previously put in a DVD and tried to access it by pressing Media but it said it couldn't read the disc. But the fact that it allowed me to do such a thing makes it seem that it might be possible..
Yea i had the same question. Since you can connect your ipod into it, I thought maybe there was a way to make it all work. Did anybody try to play any video files on their ipods? I will gonna have to try that very soon.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (shong008 @ Jul 21 2010, 03:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343484
Yea i had the same question. Since you can connect your ipod into it, I thought maybe there was a way to make it all work. Did anybody try to play any video files on their ipods? I will gonna have to try that very soon.
i tried...it won't even read the video playlists

·
Registered
367 Posts
Pull the Screen out and see if there are Aux inputs for video and sound in the back of the unit. I couldn't find any information on the inputs on the back of the device.

·
Registered
603 Posts
On forums for other cars, sometimes people figure out ways to hack their stock nav units and install custom firmware on them which would allow you to play back movies, and even sometimes video game emulators.

As far as I can tell though, no one has accomplished this for the Sonata's Nav system yet. It would be nice though! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 21 2010, 03:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343509
i tried...it won't even read the video playlists
Yea, I tried that too. Wonder if anyone tried to do it in image mode? I personally never even knew what image mode was until I found this forum (I failed for not paying more attention to the manual...can someone shed light on where in the manual I can read more about this?) I mean from what I heard, image mode is only accessible when the nav is not being utilized. Would it read any of the movie formats at all? Just a thought, never hurts to try. :D

QUOTE (yjbeach @ Jul 21 2010, 04:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343512
Pull the Screen out and see if there are Aux inputs for video and sound in the back of the unit. I couldn't find any information on the inputs on the back of the device.
I'm actually not very knowledgeable about cars so I won't not be the one to do this. Someone else, please help!! :D

QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Jul 21 2010, 05:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343526
On forums for other cars, sometimes people figure out ways to hack their stock nav units and install custom firmware on them which would allow you to play back movies, and even sometimes video game emulators.

As far as I can tell though, no one has accomplished this for the Sonata's Nav system yet. It would be nice though! :)
Welp, we'll just all sit and pray together then. Hahaha...you know what's funny though. When I first got my car, my friends kept asking me if Starcraft 2 was installed into the Nav. Oh man, that made me laugh.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Rayosis @ Jul 21 2010, 10:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343546
Welp, we'll just all sit and pray together then. Hahaha...you know what's funny though. When I first got my car, my friends kept asking me if Starcraft 2 was installed into the Nav. Oh man, that made me laugh.
tell your friends to stay out of the Cali sun.....

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (Rayosis @ Jul 21 2010, 09:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343546
I dont know what type of CPU is behind the NAV system, but I would bet its at least as powerful as an iPhone which would mean it could run one of the classic video game emulators! Since the unit already has Bluetooh capability, could you imagine going out to your car during your lunch break for some classic Super Mario Brothers or Mike Tyson's Punch Out?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts