Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back story, i work in the commercial tire industry and have a bit of a tinker habit :cool: So years ago i decided to try a set of dedicated winter rubber for my truck (95 2door chevy tahoe 4x4).

Backing into the building that evening across the icy parking lot in 2wd one rear tire was spinning madly whilst the other crept, i had to use 4wd just to get in the building :rolleyes: After installing the OE wheels equipped with Bridgestone blizzak tires i was able to maneuver around the parking lot with ease in 2wd...

In 2wd you had to aggressivly throw it into a turn to get it to spin out, in 4wd there was no way, point and shoot performance. Since that day i've been sold that Nov - Mar my vehicles get winter rubber.

-------
Now that the back story is done, it's that time of year so I mounted a set of 205/55R16 Bridgestone Blizzak WS70's on the OE 16" wheels, and tried plastidip.

I am extremely please with how the product works, i used a wheel kit in vintage gold and cleaned the wheels with their pre-dip spray, then used meguiars tire gel heavily on the side wall.

So matte black plastidip on the center caps, matte vintage gold on the wheels, and McGard black stainless lug nuts.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and it took 20miles for the car to realize that all the sensors were missing :laughing:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’m wondering how plastiDip is holding on wheels during winter rough conditions (salt, sand...) Is it going to peel after one season?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess i'll be reporting that info come march/april when it starts warming back up here 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts