Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wiping down my interior with a damp cloth and around the cup holder a layer of plastic began rubbing off. I am disappointed as the car only has 7500km and this will likely continue. Anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was wiping down my interior with a damp cloth and around the cup holder a layer of plastic began rubbing off. I am disappointed as the car only has 7500km and this will likely continue. Anyone have this issue?
I don't quite follow you. How 'bout sign up here and post a pic or two showing everyone exactly what the heck you are taking about. I looked at my cup holders and just dont see what could be rubbing off.
:00000732: BTW!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I know what your talking about, theirs a layer of rubber/plastic coating that is sprayed on the interior on certain pieces. Harsh cleaners or asid from orange juice will cause the coating to start peeling. Go back to your dealer it's covered under your warranty. I had the same issue on my 07 Elantra but it was out of warranty. I took the pieces off my Elantra and plasti-dipped them. It looks the same. Good Luck!

·
2,258 Posts
how about a pic/video?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts