Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow's the big day, can't wait! Gonna plasti-dip my roof matte black then a coat or two of gloss. I debadged the rear sonata emblem about a week ago, and dipped the "flying H" this morning, but big changes tomorrow! Check back tomorrow when I'm gonna upload the pics when I'm done.. As for the my double din radio, gonna push that back a coupe weeks... :/

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
How long do you expect it to last before you do it over again? Will it hold in the winter (snow/rain/hail)? Would also like to do this!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here ya go guys/gals I plasti-dipped my roof and rear chrome strip and flying H. Used about 3 1/2 cans of matte black, and a light coating of gloss. Probably threw down 6 coats (lol). First 2-3 coats were light, then started dusting it more then a little heavier. I used the rattle cans and a spray trigger, which I'm glad I got. Yes I know there would be a better turn out with the paint gun, but I don't have or want to get anytime soon. I am extremely happy with the turn out, yes there are some lines, but I like it lol. Looks cool.

I'm sure down the road, I will buy a paint gun and dip the entire car, it's pretty sweet looking! I love it
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380137498.598425.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380137517.990255.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380137530.819865.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380137553.922929.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@skiteeast Plastidip will not come off (if done correctly) until you actually start to peel off. It holds up fine to all weather, even to automatic car washes and what not.. It's pretty awesome stuff

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Reus, I need to get ahold of a paint gun, or have someone with one spray a coat on top, just to get rid of the lines. Overall I am happy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts