Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't really a specif question for my Hyundai Santa Fe, but I wanted to get some opinions on plasti dipping my whole car?. If anybody knows anything about it and if its even worth doing it since I think its not that expensive. And I wanted to know how well it would last on my car and if it wears away easily. Anything will help!
Thank You

·
22,793 Posts
Haven't done an entire car. Just once on a small area of the grill. Not sure I like how it looks, afterwards. Not the dip itself, the look of the modded portion on the car. The beauty of it is that I can peel and remove it.

I wonder how many rattle cans it would take to do that or the total cost? And if you're wanting a shiny finish, you'll need to spray the dip with their "Glossifier." More cans! More $$$$.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This isn't really a specif question for my Hyundai Santa Fe, but I wanted to get some opinions on plasti dipping my whole car?. If anybody knows anything about it and if its even worth doing it since I think its not that expensive. And I wanted to know how well it would last on my car and if it wears away easily. Anything will help!
Thank You
I've seen a bunch of videos on You Tube on the Plastidip process, just do a search, there's lots to see.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thanks a lot. And I didnt want a shiny finish anyways. I love the matte look of it. Like matte black. But thanks ill look around some more and I want it to last

·
Registered
82 Posts
Funny I just saw this thread after coming back on here after years of absence because my wifes is broke now, but anyway, I have plasti dipped 3 cars now and have a few more planned. Just did my wifes Santa fe a custom pearl color that changes from pink,blue,purple. Also did the wheels anthracite. Check it out

·
Registered
54 Posts
Holy ****!

Prior to this thread I had never ever heard of this, clicked the thread because it sounded interesting. Now after Googling images and seeing the one posted by hanly2 I am very VERY interested in doing this myself!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got a silver SF, I was thinking of plasti dipping the silver parts a gun metal, and the darker grey lower parts and bumpers, as well as grille and the grille border and stock wheels a black.

How many cans would be required? Can't seem to find a store in my area that sells the gallons. And would the end result vary much using the aerosol can versus a spray gun?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Agreed, if you are going to go for the whole vehicle, get the kit. It's super cheap in comparison to anything else you can paint your car with. Plus, if you screw anything up...easy to fix!

From what I've read, painting the whole car should last for 2-3 years. If you add a gloss additive to it, it's harder, and harder to remove. So it depends on what you ultimately want to do with the car down the road. I had thoughts on painting my boat with it, but with dock rash and a trailer, I figured that it wouldn't last nearly as long as I'd prefer, so I'm not going that route.

As far as rims go, don't expect them to last more than one season if you use them through winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts