Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I need member's advise on comparison between Sonata 2007 and the other cars such as Camry 2007 or Accord 2007.

I am not sure which one to buy ? any advise. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
When I bought my '06 I found I could buy it a V6 new for about what a bare-bones Cam/Cord 4-banger cost. The V6/I4 is arguable, with gas cost increasing, but the safety features (6 airbags, ABS, traction control. 4-wheel disc brakes, ESC, etc.) are not. I often think Honda/Toyota began offering some of these because of Hyundai.

Hyundai is for real. The only downside is if you get tradein-itis, Hyundai is not for you since they depreciate so quickly. BTW, tradein-itis is stupid from an economic point; no matter what car you trade in, you're going to take a beating in your wallet. If you intend to keep your car, depreciation is a "Who cares?"

If the past year or two has taught us anything, it's taught us we can no longer be stupid with our money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I owned a 93 Camry XLE prior to buying my 2007 Sonata Limited. I have not regretted my decision one bit. It is an excellent car and the best bang for the buck out there.

·
Registered
550 Posts
All three cars are excellent. My 2007 Sonata has not had one single problem yet (knock on wood). Awesome reliability! You can check the crash tests. They're excellent. As long you like the personality of the car (looks, handling, comfort, etc.), it is a far better value than any Accord or Camry.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
And may I add Warranty. The Best in the Business. I still have 35 Thousand Miles of New Car Warranty & 9 Months left to use them :w00t:

You would get this protection too, if you found a low mileage 07 :beer:

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (Blue07 @ May 16 2010, 05:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323469
All three cars are excellent. My 2007 Sonata has not had one single problem yet (knock on wood). Awesome reliability! You can check the crash tests. They're excellent. As long you like the personality of the car (looks, handling, comfort, etc.), it is a far better value than any Accord or Camry.
How many miles do you have? 101k here knock on wood.

·
Banned
873 Posts
QUOTE (hak @ May 16 2010, 11:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323378
Hello,
I need member's advise on comparison between Sonata 2007 and the other cars such as Camry 2007 or Accord 2007.

I am not sure which one to buy ? any advise. Thank you.
ill be honest here, if money wasnt the problem and i had to choose the following 07 camry,accord or sonata... i would pick the accord, its got descent reliability (as long as you get the automatic and NOT the 6 speed manual in v6's) the nicest looking interior and the most power while the same year (06-08) sonata inerior looks extremly outdated and ugly, now if it was the 09+ sonata vs 07 accord it would be a different story.. why dont you hunt for the 09-10 sonatas? there the same price (alot of times even lower) than the 07 accords now.. much better too IMO

·
Registered
367 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ May 17 2010, 12:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323583
ill be honest here, if money wasnt the problem and i had to choose the following 07 camry,accord or sonata... i would pick the accord, its got descent reliability (as long as you get the automatic and NOT the 6 speed manual in v6's) the nicest looking interior and the most power while the same year (06-08) sonata inerior looks extremly outdated and ugly, now if it was the 09+ sonata vs 07 accord it would be a different story.. why dont you hunt for the 09-10 sonatas? there the same price (alot of times even lower) than the 07 accords now.. much better too IMO

I looked at all 3 models of the cars and purchased the '07 Sonata Limited. I agree; if money is not a problem then go with the Accord. You should be able to pick up a 09 Sonata Limited for around $13K-$15K (the sticker will probably show $17K - $21K) with about 20K-30K miles on it. There is always room to work on the price; if you are not happy with what they are giving you walk away. Come back another day and deal with a different sales guy. Make them work for your business.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
The Sonata simply gives you more for your money. I drove (leased) Camrys for a decade, we own the top-of-the-line V6 Accord, and I have nothing to feel inferior about my Sonata.... And since the Sonata depreciates more than the Cam-Cord, it's sure a better deal for anybody in the market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (yjbeach @ May 17 2010, 08:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323623
I looked at all 3 models of the cars and purchased the '07 Sonata Limited. I agree; if money is not a problem then go with the Accord. You should be able to pick up a 09 Sonata Limited for around $13K-$15K (the sticker will probably show $17K - $21K) with about 20K-30K miles on it. There is always room to work on the price; if you are not happy with what they are giving you walk away. Come back another day and deal with a different sales guy. Make them work for your business.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My number one priority is reliability and performance. I have been driving corolla 97 for 7 years and never had a problem with it.

So the car I am looking for is to be a reliable, the trade-in is not a big issue with me, because hopefully I will not sale it in 5-6 years.

Thank you all for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
A low mileage, well-cared-for 2006, 7, 8 Sonata is probably the best value in used cars today. They're
way better cars than their re-sale value suggests. Just don't pay too much, and try to keep it 5-6
years for best value.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts