Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several questions about this car

1. What's solar control glass? Does this same as tint?

2. I like silver or black metallic, does metallic better than no metallic?

3. I choose package 2, any way to add a rear view camera?

4. Is that easy to add Xenon head lights?

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (truelies @ Nov 17 2010, 11:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372653
I have several questions about this car

1. What's solar control glass? Does this same as tint?

2. I like silver or black metallic, does metallic better than no metallic?

3. I choose package 2, any way to add a rear view camera?

4. Is that easy to add Xenon head lights?
Welcome to the board. Your questions are a little confusing, but I'll try to interpret what you are asking.

1. Solar Control Glass is something thats on almost every car nowadays, its a type of tint that comes on the glass from the factory that blocks some UV rays that can cause your car to get hot in direct sunlight. It can also help reduce glare as well. Of course, its nowhere near as effective as aftermarket tint, but it deos a good job over bare glass with no tint at all.

2. Metallic paint has a "reflective flake" in the paint that makes it sparkle when light shines on it. The only downside to metallic paint is if you ever have to have any part of the car repainted, or use touch-up paint, it can be very hard to match.

3. Im not sure what you mean by "package 2" but the rear view camera is only available on the Limited models with Nav. There have been discussions here as to whether its possible to add the camera afterwards and no-one has been able to figure it out. So basically, unless you get the Limited with Nav from the factory, you cannot manually add the Hyundai rear view camera. There are, however, aftermarket cameras available that work with your license plate frame and rear view mirror.

4. Yes, you can upgrade your headlights to Xenon HID lights. There are several threads here that discuss how to do it with pictures. Check the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Nov 18 2010, 08:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372722
Welcome to the board. Your questions are a little confusing, but I'll try to interpret what you are asking.

1. Solar Control Glass is something thats on almost every car nowadays, its a type of tint that comes on the glass from the factory that blocks some UV rays that can cause your car to get hot in direct sunlight. It can also help reduce glare as well. Of course, its nowhere near as effective as aftermarket tint, but it deos a good job over bare glass with no tint at all.

2. Metallic paint has a "reflective flake" in the paint that makes it sparkle when light shines on it. The only downside to metallic paint is if you ever have to have any part of the car repainted, or use touch-up paint, it can be very hard to match.

3. Im not sure what you mean by "package 2" but the rear view camera is only available on the Limited models with Nav. There have been discussions here as to whether its possible to add the camera afterwards and no-one has been able to figure it out. So basically, unless you get the Limited with Nav from the factory, you cannot manually add the Hyundai rear view camera. There are, however, aftermarket cameras available that work with your license plate frame and rear view mirror.

4. Yes, you can upgrade your headlights to Xenon HID lights. There are several threads here that discuss how to do it with pictures. Check the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
Thanks, great answer! "Solar Control Glass" likes a very little tint, is that correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts