Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.. I am planing to buy gls auto without any package. According to zag.com, price for it should be $17960. is it possible to get it at that price? and can anyone please suggest a good dealer in northen nj? thank you.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (niku @ Nov 4 2010, 10:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368960
Hello everyone.. I am planing to buy gls auto without any package. According to zag.com, price for it should be $17960. is it possible to get it at that price? and can anyone please suggest a good dealer in northen nj? thank you.
Welcome to the board!

Maybe you didnt read enough on the Zag site, but what that site allows you to do is to be put in contact wiht a dealer who will sell it to you for that price. All you have to do is proceed to the very end where you "contact the dealer". Someone will get in touch with you and ask to arrange an appointment to go get the car.

If, for whatever reason, the dealer that they put you in touch with backs down and wont offer the price they agreed on, you just need to let Zag know and they will call them on your behalf and if the dealer still doesnt agree to the price, Zag will remove them from their database of dealers.

The only caveat to using Zag is you kind of already need to know what you want. You should only contact the dealer when you are serious about buying. The system Zag uses is that the dealers offer to sell the car at a very low profit with the expectation that you wont use up a lot of their time. Its not for casual shoppers. They usually wont even put you in touch with a sales person, you'll deal straight with the Internet Sales Manager directly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not familiar with Zag. Is that an out the door price or do they tack on destination, processing and taxes etc to that once you go to buy?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Nov 4 2010, 12:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368966
Welcome to the board!

Maybe you didnt read enough on the Zag site, but what that site allows you to do is to be put in contact wiht a dealer who will sell it to you for that price. All you have to do is proceed to the very end where you "contact the dealer". Someone will get in touch with you and ask to arrange an appointment to go get the car.

If, for whatever reason, the dealer that they put you in touch with backs down and wont offer the price they agreed on, you just need to let Zag know and they will call them on your behalf and if the dealer still doesnt agree to the price, Zag will remove them from their database of dealers.

The only caveat to using Zag is you kind of already need to know what you want. You should only contact the dealer when you are serious about buying. The system Zag uses is that the dealers offer to sell the car at a very low profit with the expectation that you wont use up a lot of their time. Its not for casual shoppers. They usually wont even put you in touch with a sales person, you'll deal straight with the Internet Sales Manager directly.
thanks for ur explanation mike..

$17960 includes destination but not tax and registration fees..

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (ctc1 @ Nov 4 2010, 11:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368973
I'm not familiar with Zag. Is that an out the door price or do they tack on destination, processing and taxes etc to that once you go to buy?
QUOTE (niku @ Nov 4 2010, 12:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368985
thanks for ur explanation mike..

$17960 includes destination but not tax and registration fees..
Correct. When you get a quote from Zag (or any Zag affiliate like True Car or Drive your Dream), the quoted price includes Destination and ALL incentives, but NOT taxes, license plates, or documentation fees.

Its important to know that if there is a $500 dealer cash back thats available at the time you are buying, you cant get that in addition to the price Zag quoted you. On the flip side, the dealer also cant make you pay destination twice, or say that the price includes a loyalty owner discount that you dont quality for.

According to Zags rules, you can even choose to have dealer installed extras on top of the price, but the base price for what they quote cannot change at all.

Its a pretty cool system and I cant believe more people dont know about it.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Nov 4 2010, 01:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368990
Correct. When you get a quote from Zag (or any Zag affiliate like True Car or Drive your Dream), the quoted price includes Destination and ALL incentives, but NOT taxes, license plates, or documentation fees.

Its important to know that if there is a $500 dealer cash back thats available at the time you are buying, you cant get that in addition to the price Zag quoted you. On the flip side, the dealer also cant make you pay destination twice, or say that the price includes a loyalty owner discount that you dont quality for.

According to Zags rules, you can even choose to have dealer installed extras on top of the price, but the base price for what they quote cannot change at all.

Its a pretty cool system and I cant believe more people dont know about it.

until you get there and they hit you with a non negotiable 700 dealer fee

·
Registered
655 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 4 2010, 02:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369005
I just went through it here in the Philly area, got quoted $1300 under what the Costco Program was quoting me....unbelievable if true.

And the Dealer fee is posted on the Dealer Summary page, I think most were $123.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Here is what i received through Zag on a pearl white SE with Nav/Sunroof package

Each dealer agrees to price their
models relative to Invoice price.
Invoice Price: $24,928
Dealer #1 Price: $2,100 below Invoice
Your Price: $22,828

You are protected at the dealership when you decide to buy a model with different options. Just ask to see the vehicle's invoice price to calculate the purchase price.
If you choose additional options, your price relative to Invoice will not change. Additional options are priced at the Invoice Price - not MSRP, so your selling price may change but not your price relative to Invoice.

Your Certified Dealer must offer all available incentives off the Invoice price. Your Price includes destination and all other manufacturer fees plus applicable incentives.

Your price does not include dealer documentation (processing), tax, DMV, registration, title, license, other government fees, or dealer installed accessories.

Your price relative to invoice applies to cars in stock for this model and trim.

Navigation/Limited Availability packages and Diesel/Hybrid engines may be priced differently.
Does that mean incentives are included in the price?

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 4 2010, 03:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369026
Here is what i received through Zag on a pearl white SE with Nav/Sunroof package

Man, you guys are lucky. I live in the midwest and it is quoting me only a few hundred lower than that for a silver SE w/o Nav!! I have done the same thing through consumer reports and get a little bit lower price, but still not near as good as you!

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 4 2010, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369005
According to the rules, they cant do that unless they can justify that as a normal fee that they charge for documentation or something, and in my lifetime of buying cars I have never heard of a $700 fee like that. If a dealer tried to pull that on me, I would say, thanks but no thanks, I'll take my business elsewhere.

QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 4 2010, 03:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369026

Your price for the car that they are saying the dealer is agreeing to is $22,828. If Hyundai has any type of additional incentive, you cannot get that. So even if their website says there is a $500 cashback incentive for the month of November, you cant get it.

You will pay the $22,828 for the car you priced plus tax, title, registration, license plates, and doc fees. Tax is easy to calculate, registration and doc fees are easy to calculate as well since they are fixed by state. The only variance is in the dealer doc fees. Anything more than $200 for this is a ripoff.

Where they can still get you is in dealer installed accessories, like pinstriping or other stupd things some dealers might add. The way Zag works is they cannot make you pay more without getting more. So if they want to charge you $100 for pinstriping, you have to at least get pinstriping. Or lets say you want the Homelink auto dimming mirror or floormats and thats not already factored into the price,. You have to agree with them to pay extra for those extra items.

But the thing to remember is your agreed price in the email is $22,828 and if there are any additional options, you use that price as a starting point.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
QUOTE (jena55 @ Nov 4 2010, 04:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369027
Man, you guys are lucky. I live in the midwest and it is quoting me only a few hundred lower than that for a silver SE w/o Nav!! I have done the same thing through consumer reports and get a little bit lower price, but still not near as good as you!

trying entering zip codes of other states around you and see.. If the price difference is in the thousands then i might be worth it for you to get a cheap flight to Florida and drive back.. probably still save a lot.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (jena55 @ Nov 4 2010, 03:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369027
It depends on the dealers in your area. Ive been Zag several dozen times and Ive noticed the price does go up and down within my own area. I assume this has to do with how dealer stock varies by location. Keep trying it and see if the price ever chages. A tip for buying a car is that car dealers are always desperate to sell cars in the month of December. Very few people buy cars around the holidays because they spend their money on other things. Plus car dealers try to get as much extra cash as they can around the holidays to pay for their own families. I would be willing to bet that no matter where you are the price will go down a bit in December.

And even if you dont get the lowest price that someone somewhere else in the country gets, dont get down on yourself. Some things just cost more or less in other areas of the country. If you got the lowest price you possibly could in your area, then you did good. Who cars what Joe Schmoe got halfway across the country?! You are not Joe Schmoe! :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 4 2010, 04:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369029
trying entering zip codes of other states around you and see.. If the price difference is in the thousands then i might be worth it for you to get a cheap flight to Florida and drive back.. probably still save a lot.
I agree with this. It may be you might not even have to try zip codes in neighboring states. I would try zip codes of bigger cities around your first then branch out. I took a look at Zag/Drive Your Dream when I was looking for pricing on a Sonata and it turns out I could find nothing in my home zip, but when I started branching out I started getting pricing options. Just hang in there Jena...you'll get that Sonata soon enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts