Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on the forum in a while. I am planning on doing dvd headrest monitors and I do have a few noob questions.

On the back seat, I located the "clips" or the part where the back panel latches on to the actual seat. How do I take these off? Looks like there is a small metal bar that kind of hooks or latches on to a plastic part. Do not want to break anything as it's really really jammed in there. I try to pry it with trim remover but it doesn't budge.

Reason why I am wanting to take this off is to run the wires from the headreast pole holes to the ground.

Do I even need to take these off? If I fished the wires with a hanger?

I have automatic seats, kinda want to have better access and view rather then fishing the wires.

The clips are located in red circle

This is the top clips, the side ones look totally different, but one step at a time i guess.

Anyone who has detached the back panels, i'd love some input

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump'; anyone?

:)

also if someone could tell me where would be the best spot to hardwire power up the headrest dvd players...I was thinking the fuse box by the driver's side under the dash, but just wanted some input.

·
Registered
215 Posts
First, detach the two stretch fabric straps on the bottom of the seat, as I see you have done in the first picture.

Then, just pull the panel out, starting from the bottom. Once the plastic clips pop out, you can pull the panel downwards and it will be off.

Speaking of the plastic clips - does anyone know where I can get replacements? All but one of mine snapped like a pretzel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts