Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody now if there is any significance to the kind of planets displayed and the order they show up. I have 4 planets and a sun on my display. Also, does anybody know why my mpg is less when the temp drops below 40.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You get a planet every 200 Eco points. No significance on the type or order.

Look for several threads here on winter gas millage. In short, it will go down. Main reasons; Engine runs more to warm up the car, winter blend gas, and gas less efficient when cold.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You eventually get a little mini earth looking planet in the lower corner of the display under the eco points number and the count resets back to zero.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
You get a planet every 200 Eco points. No significance on the type or order.

Look for several threads here on winter gas millage. In short, it will go down. Main reasons; Engine runs more to warm up the car, winter blend gas, and gas less efficient when cold.
It dropped to 30 deg here and I checked the tires as my wife was down to 32 mpg. I found that the tires had dropped from 34 psi to 30 psi so I put 40 psi in and she is now getting 37 mpg.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do the tire pressure monitors have a problem with higher than speced pressures? I ran mine to 36 when the sensors came on this AM and didn't want to chance it until I checked here first.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Do the tire pressure monitors have a problem with higher than speced pressures? I ran mine to 36 when the sensors came on this AM and didn't want to chance it until I checked here first.
The TPMS only comes on below 30 psi. Many members put max sidewall 44 psi to get the most mpg but it gets pretty bumpy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts