Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, this one goes out to the select few on here whom has a double din installed. As you all know I installed my Pioneer AVH-x1500dvd last week, I love it, still getting use it, and googling stuff since I lost the manual to it. So like I said this goes out the few who know what I'm talking about, or anyone who wants to put their two sense in, I have a couple questions I hope I can get insight on, I want to be able to use the Pandora and app feature of the head unit, but I would have to get the cdiu cable apparently. Pretty expensive if ya ask me ranging from 45-75$. I can only use the radio, DVD, and the aux features of the head unit as of now, I read a review online about the cable and I don't know how true it is but apparently it's the same thing as a regular usb cable that comes with your iPhone 4(the charging cable). So would I be able to plug the usb end into the usb slot in the back of the head unit and be able to charge/sync my iPhone with the head unit????
I downloaded the pioneer app on my phone, so if I just connect the phone to the cable it should work idk? Lol

Thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Nothing wrong to try it I would say.

If Pioneer followed the USB standard, I'm confident they did, you won't break anything. The worst can happen is Pandora or Pioneer apps won't work at all.

Good luck!

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
Looks like the regular Apple USB-Iphone cable will do all your audio, but you'll need the Pioneer CD-IU201V for "audio playback, plus video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod/iPhone; as well as music or video based apps streamed to your iPhone". Or the Pioneer CD-IU201S for "audio/video playback, but also allows you to launch the AppRadio Mode on your iPhone 4/4S, for playback of advance applications (such as navigation and internet radio)".

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, so I took it apart this morning and tried it out, plugged the wall charger USB cable for my iPhone 4 into the back of the USB slot of the head unit, freakin works, for the iPod function an the Pandora radio function. So I'm able to use everything now, except for the navigation (not buying the 500$ add on.) (And the back up camera gotta get the camera in the future.) and unfortunately I guess I will have to get the pioneer cable to use the use the apps feature. I heard that with the apps I can use google maps! So I'm happy for now, gonna see if there is any other way around it with out spending like 60$ for the pioneer cable to be able I access the apps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Yeah, so I took it apart this morning and tried it out, plugged the wall charger USB cable for my iPhone 4 into the back of the USB slot of the head unit, freakin works, for the iPod function an the Pandora radio function. So I'm able to use everything now, except for the navigation (not buying the 500$ add on.) (And the back up camera gotta get the camera in the future.) and unfortunately I guess I will have to get the pioneer cable to use the use the apps feature. I heard that with the apps I can use google maps! So I'm happy for now, gonna see if there is any other way around it with out spending like 60$ for the pioneer cable to be able I access the apps.

Good to know that a special cable isn't required. I have been looking at this unit as potential candidate if I decide to ever upgrade the whole head unit (still liking Charles' product for the OEM radio!)

I am thinking once you get their cable you will have a true smart phone mirror (at least app wise) to the radio display. If so, that is FRIGGIN SWEET!

How are you liking the Pandora integration of the unit? I played with one in Best Buy and it did not work very well.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know that a special cable isn't required. I have been looking at this unit as potential candidate if I decide to ever upgrade the whole head unit (still liking Charles' product for the OEM radio!)

I am thinking once you get their cable you will have a true smart phone mirror (at least app wise) to the radio display. If so, that is FRIGGIN SWEET!

How are you liking the Pandora integration of the unit? I played with one in Best Buy and it did not work very well.
Just replied to you in my other thread you asked about, should be able to answer your questions there. But I love it, I will have to get that cable (I think, to access the apps feature) I love the entire set up. I had the unit in my old car and never got the CDIU cable, guess I gotta know. If you get this unit you will love it with/without the CDIU cable. I'm gonna do a little more research on it to see if I can get away with using a different cable to access the apps.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the Pioneer x850bt that has GPS included, so I have not tried google maps, but heard good things. Everyone seems to like it.

I have the CDIU cable but mainly use for USB...on my head unit its the only way to connect USB. Which kind of sucks because its pretty much an iPhone cable, and I dont use the iPhone part of it...wish they just made a regular usb connector that works with my HU.

Also a good place for info on the Pioneer units is AVIC411.com, not the busiest website but you can find some good nfo.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotcha I'll look into that site, thanks. Gonna find out of my buddy can get me a deal on that cable tomorrow. I want it just don't wanna spend that much on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts