Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a schematic of the wiring harness pinouts for a NAV HU?

I would like to add an amplifier but don't know which wires are for Front L&R, Rear L&R speakers.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,721 Posts
I believe there are two different navigation systems used on the Elantra. One head unit has an internal amplifier, which will have speaker wires...pinout below.
The other system has an external amp, so there are no speaker wires on the head unit connector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank yu for you help !! My 2014 Elantra GL came with the standard radio AM/F/XM/CD/ Backup Camera. I recently purchased a used NAV HU and going to replace the old radio. I would like to add a very small powered sub just to balance the sound and wanted to know which wires to tap into so I don't have problems.

·
Registered
13,721 Posts
Looks like that unit is one that uses an external amplifier.
Terminals 1 & 10 of the connector are not populated, which is where the rear left speaker wires would be if the unit had an internal amp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you happen to have a pinout schematics for the NAV HU with external amp?

Thank you.

john

·
Registered
13,721 Posts
Yeah, I found it on another thread. Thanks to N5S-Matter for posting it, way back in 2014.
Looks like the output to the factory amplifier is a digital signal...S/PDIF.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow ...thank you !! The NAV HU is model N03 but it's so hard to find a schematic of the connectors.

I see that Connector A has different pinouts when comparing between the standard AM/FM/XM/CD radio and the N03 NAV unit.

Do you know if Connector B is the same for both units?

Thank you again !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts