Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the people who put my Santa Fe together may have done so in a rush or perhaps I'm just the victim of a design flaw. Does anybody else have a problem with their Santa Fe pinching wires, especially those small wires in small, hard-to-access places? Mine has done so to the door marker light TWICE now, both times due to a lack of slack. Tonight I just discovered the seatbelt warning chime wire has been severed cleanly in two at the buckle, rendering the belt light and chime completely inoperative.

I took the seat out to investigate further and found two wires, both of them black running from the base of the seat up the buckle. One had a considerable amount of give to it to allow for the flexing of the buckle but the one that had broken had so little space between the two segments that I believe it was taxed until it finally couldn't hold any longer. I'm actually surprised it took this long to break, given that the problem first showed up with only 500 miles on the odometer but didn't reappear until years later. Silly me, should have had it fixed under warranty. Oh well.

Sorry to ramble but back to the original question; has anybody else suffered from a seemingly excessive number of pinched wires?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought my santa fe used last year and it is a 2005, the seat belt chime used to work on and off and stopped working alltogether a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that the wires were pretty tight but figured it was because I have the seat back as far as it will go. Maybe the previous owner was not as tall as me but then again Hyundai should of allowed enough cable for all seat positions. I also noticed that the wire comes out directly under the air duct , maybe the hot and cold cycles took their toll on the wire, who knows but I don`t mind not having the chime anymore. I do always wear the belt, force of habbit. By the way how did the train studies work out for you, hope the trainning gave you a good job oppertunity...

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peter...the railroad training was a TON of fun and I'm really hoping the railroads start hiring soon. Thankfully I've got some temp work in the meantime and I am just getting by.

I just ordered a new seatbelt buckle today for $115. :dry: Will be here Tuesday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts