Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alternator died in my 2003 Santa Fe 3.5 engine last night. It also melted the Pig Tail Plug. (I'm told this plugs into the voltage regulator on the back of the alternator). The dealership in MA doesn't just sell the plug, it sells the complete harness at $1,900.00! UGH. Does anyone know of a Hyundai junk yard who is willing to possibly sell me the part and not the engine? (I'm also being told from places in MA that people don't just want to sell me the part because the engine is worth $800.00.) I don't mind where is comes from and obviously I will pay the shipping costs too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I and my mechanic are trying. By any chance, do you remember where you got yours? I can call them tomorrow...

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I and my mechanic are trying. By any chance, do you remember where you got yours? I can call them tomorrow...
There is a upull junk yard in Colorado Springs what has a 2.7, 2003 santa fe. Not sure if they would pull for you and ship.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you and I will call them tomorrow. I have a 3.5 engine and am unsure uf this matters.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You looking for the voltage regulator plug at backside of alternator ?

I have couple of wire harness floating about, but I am for sure that they be floor and dash harness (at least here at house).. I think there is an engine harness (maybe) in storage room at work...... I have to look and see what it actually is, and if connector on said harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there

My mechanic tells me it is the pig tail plug that plugs into the voltage regulator on the back of the alternator. I have a 3.5 engine, GLX 6 cylinder. Could you please check your shop and see if you have the wire? When my alternator over heated (original part at 140,000 miles) it melted the wire. I am willing to pay for shipping too. I am also a good baker and can make very good chocolate chip cookies and or brownies!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone

Thank you for your help and I found my plug at Arrow Motors located in the Midwest. Their number is 1-877-723-7687. Please use them if you need anything. They have served me well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts