Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently installed a Pierce hf downpipe
Added o2 angled spacer
The two main codes are the p2270 and p2196 they both point two voltage reading but unsure if it's cause the wires pinch by zip tie to keep them from the heat or the o2 sensors got reversed during install.
I have a small leak pre sensors
Which I just received a new doughnut gasket.
Also saw the spacer I have some one said thread in all the way and back out one full turn and lock in place with the nut.
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
12,133 Posts
The two main codes are the p2270 and p2196
You have a code saying the upstream sensor is stuck rich (P2196) and another code saying the downstream sensor on the same bank is stuck lean (P2270).

That sounds to me like the upstream sensor input to the PCM is incorrect. The upstream sensor is telling the PCM the mixture is rich when it is not, causing the PCM to trim away a lot of fuel. And all that negative fuel trimming is the cause of the stuck lean code on the downstream sensor. The downstream sensor input is stuck lean because the PCM is trimming away a lot of fuel in response to the incorrect upstream sensor input. So I think your focus should be on the 2196 code and ignore the others for now.

Bsen said:
but unsure if it's cause the wires pinch by zip tie to keep them from the heat or the o2 sensors got reversed during install.
Well, if you done the job and your not sure then I'm not sure how we're supposed to know.

It's easy to tell if the sensors are reversed just by monitoring the signals on the scan tool. Monitor the sensor outputs then disconnect the upstream sensor. Does the scan tool show a change in the upstream sensor output when you disconnect it, or does it show a change in the downstream sensor. The sensor voltage usually defaults to 0.45V when a sensor is disconnected (assuming we're working with narrow band sensors).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts