Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some pics of my new Genesis 3.8L Sedan with the (04) Tech Package and the (02) Premium Package with Air Blue 80 Tinting (all windows) done by my friend at PHANTOMSHIELD of Winter Park, Florida...Also done is the Front Bumper and Side Mirrors in 3M Clear-Bra, you cant hardly tell it's there at all and it looks great and will keep the car protected for many years to come.....Thanks Steve !!!....More Pics to come in the near future..........Enjoy :thumbsup:

I will post them again once I change the badges over to the Genesis Wings.............

·
Registered
410 Posts
Very smart gameday, love the grille, nice colour too.
Or should that be color for you guys. :grin:
S.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :), that's the stock grill for the 2010. I was going to have it customized but once I sat back a few and thought it over it looks perfect just how it is. They make a matching lower bumper grill that I'm still considering. It looks nice in the pictures online but I'm always worried about making it look retarded lol. I did order the Genesis Wing package for the rims and the rear Hyundai badge. I am removing the stock badges so it brings up more talk about the car, and in the process I can tell them yep....That's a Hyundai :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol....my wish of getting to tell someone...."Yep, that's a Hyundai" wound up being to an Orange County FL. Sheriff's Deputy. I was going down the road a few nights ago around 9:45PM...doing 47MPH in a 45 zone with Cruise Control on and noticed a Sheriff's car pull out of a gas station a few moments after I passed by. There were other vehicles on the road and everyone was going right around the same speed as me, so I didn't think anything of it at first. He pulled up in the lane next to me and followed off my back left side for roughly 5 miles, then slowed down cut across my back to the right side before moving in behind me and lighting me up. I couldn't even imagine why i was being pulled over. He asked for my Drivers License and Registration and then asked me if I knew why he pulled me over....I told the officer that I had no clue why, unless it was for doing 2 MPH over the speed limit. He said that it showed I was registered as owning a Hyundai, but I was driving a Lexus :bigemo_harabe_net-01:

I stated to him that no, it is definitely a Hyundai that I'm driving and showed him the emblem on my steering wheel (plus it clearly states on the registration card what the vehicle is). He told me to please stay in the car and he would be back with me shortly......35 minutes later he comes back and says everything is good and to have a nice evening lol.........sigh......my desired effect to drum up more conversation about the car definitely backfired in this situation :grin:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
If you're getting that kind of police attention with a Genesis, the future Equus owners are royally screwed. :grin: "Sir these plates come back to a Hyundai but you're clearly driving a Rolls-Royce."

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Aug 5 2010, 08:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347439
If you're getting that kind of police attention with a Genesis, the future Equus owners are royally screwed. :grin: "Sir these plates come back to a Hyundai but you're clearly driving a Rolls-Royce."
Officer a Lexus???...pfft ...clearly I'm driving a Rolls-Royce Phantom, cant you see the Lexicon Stereo System or you blind or something?.......Jeez (insert disturbing moment of silence here)..........Sir, Step out of the Car !!!!! :blink:

lol...yeah. I wish I could have had the video recorder on my phone running, that was by far the funniest thing I have ever had happen to me getting pulled over, and that has been 18 years ago since the last time that happen to me, and hopefully at least that long again till the next one...knock on wood hehe :innocent:

The Equus is going to be an incredible luxury car, but that is more then I'm willing to spend anymore with the economy being the way it is. Gone is the day of $60-80k cars for my money....The Genesis strikes that perfect balance between Luxury and Sensibility and as long as it doesn't out price itself on the market it will continue to be the car I buy again in the future.

I'm very happy overall with the Genesis........I originally purchased a 2009 Azera Limited Plus which I was quite pleased with at first, it's a beautifully thought out car with a lot of amenities for the price. Sadly I had one with some definite suspension problems that was eating up 60k mile tires in only 12-15k miles, and at $1k+ a pop on tires there is absolutely no way to justify that. Fortunately enough I got through to the right people at the corporate office and wound up getting all my $$ back on the Azera plus all the maintenance and accessories costs. They put me into a Genny of my choice at invoice .....I should have gone for the V8 lol.../joke.

The 3.8L at my age is more then enough power, and with the couple of modifications I have made she pushes out over 325HP where the rubber meets the road; all while still providing me with better gas mileage then what the window sticker says the car should get. I'm averaging 23MPG city and 30MPG highway if I don't put my foot into the floor off each light....which of course I occasionally have to do in the name of keeping everything under the hood in proper working order...I mean it is an owners responsibility to do this ....right ?? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts