Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the LED DRL Foglight Strips already and now I'm trying to figure out which K hid's I want to go with. I'm use to having 8k (had 8k on all my previous cars). But with my sonata, I kind of want everything to match as close as possible.

Wondering if a few people on here have the different colors I'm asking WITH this following LED Strip installed and if you could please post the pic with your set up details I'd appreciate it! Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am getting ready to match hid lights to these as well. I have heard 5000 matches well but I haven't seen proof yet.

·
Registered
521 Posts
6000K matches the best. I have 8000K HID's in my low beams and have the same LED's in the fog light area. I recently switched from 8000K HID's to 6000K just to see the difference in light output, and I noticed that the 6000K match MUCH CLOSELY to the LED DRL.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've had 4300k and 6000k, prefer 4300k. Don't do 8000k no matter what.

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
argh. i was so ready to buy 6000k tonight and DDM's servers will not re-send my password request for my previous account! i'm hoping they give me some leeway and still give me the 10% discount for cyber monday...i am ordering new CREE type LEDs 6000k for the H7 drl's and 6000k switchbacks or just pur white for the corner, i want everything to match!

·
Registered
364 Posts
most of the drls have different color outputs even though they advertise the same. but as one guy did you can change out the leds if you get a set with a different output and your handy enough

1 - 8 of 8 Posts