Hyundai Forums banner

2921 - 2940 of 2971 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ya the 4-2-1 made alot of difference. I also changed from a 4-1 setup. The unichip is a piggyback chip. Can allow for you to remap the car.
Dont know the power or torque yet as im still trying to get rid of a poo12 error code.
The pic is the old 4-1 i had will post a pic of the 4-2-1 later

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
50mil free flow exhaust, 4-2-1 branch, unichip. Not sure what else can make it faster , dont want to go the turbo route
I've been looking into the 4-2-1 header, I have the 4-1 and I've heard the low end torque is improved with your design. With my current setup I peaked at just under 153 (but I have more stuff done to mine) and all my power is made at the higher end (above 4500 rpm).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLnwfgASr78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQoyyNaL0A

Also you mentioned a unichip? I had to purchase a unlocked ECU from Korea to do anything regarding tuning, what exactly are you using? Considering how much I paid it would suck to find out there was a cheaper alternative. From what I've learned there isn't at least nothing I've found.
What do you mean by just under 153 ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
50mil free flow exhaust, 4-2-1 branch, unichip. Not sure what else can make it faster , dont want to go the turbo route
I've been looking into the 4-2-1 header, I have the 4-1 and I've heard the low end torque is improved with your design. With my current setup I peaked at just under 153 (but I have more stuff done to mine) and all my power is made at the higher end (above 4500 rpm).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLnwfgASr78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQoyyNaL0A

Also you mentioned a unichip? I had to purchase a unlocked ECU from Korea to do anything regarding tuning, what exactly are you using? Considering how much I paid it would suck to find out there was a cheaper alternative. From what I've learned there isn't at least nothing I've found.
What extras have you done to make more power?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
153 whp. Yeah see I couldn't find something like that so I had to import an unlocked ECU from a Korean Accent and tune that way. Same thing just different method. Problem is I paid well over $700 CAD to get it done.

Here's the current list. :D

That list needs updating because I have some more things I'm going to do to this car before I begin down the swapping road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
153 whp. Yeah see I couldn't find something like that so I had to import an unlocked ECU from a Korean Accent and tune that way. Same thing just different method. Problem is I paid well over $700 CAD to get it done.

Here's the current list.

That list needs updating because I have some more things I'm going to do to this car before I begin down the swapping road.
I paid 2800 SA rands for unichip.

Ur getting good power didnt think a port and polish head and throttle would make such a big diff without a performance cam.

Just a suggestion my turner gave me if you can get a can made up you can modify a base plate and the Toyota rxi 20v itbs to fit in the car - would be a wicked wild setup.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My new (to me) work commuter.

Just picked up an '09 Accent SE. Car was in Florida since new. Now it is with me in NC. Has 104K on the clock, power windows/locks, factory sunroof, cruise control, automatic transmission and a factory Blue Connect, hands free phone system.

I've always thought these car were pretty cool and I was getting tired of driving my full size truck back and forth to work and around town - not a very economical mode of transportation. It took a while to find one of these little cars with all the options I wanted, but I finally found one! I really like it and my 4-year old son named it Jellybean, haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
lol @ Jellybean, so we have Pumkin, Jellybean and Silver Bullet (not sure how I feel being named after a sex toy but I digress). lol
That's PUNKIN!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just finished washing up my car. I think I will be selling it shortly, it's very nice, very low mileage 50K miles (79,000km) but the car is 10 years old. Not sure how much longer will it be trouble free. But it looks cool with the front lip and the 16 inch wheels.

The best thing about this car is my android multimedia system!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not the best picture but this is right after I got new wheels on him. 1994 Mazda Miata alloys.
I like it. Any clearance issues with these Miata wheels?
Thanks! Nope, not at all. And they're on 185/60/r14 which I believe is just a bit wider than stock for our cars. I paid $160 for the set on Craigslist. Definetly a good value!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Thanks! Nope, not at all. And they're on 185/60/r14 which I believe is just a bit wider than stock for our cars. I paid $160 for the set on Craigslist. Definetly a good value!
As long as the bolt pattern is 4x100 (IIRC) and the offset isn't out too much.

I have some nice Celica wheels I was going to try to attach, but, alas, they are 4x110...:(

·
Registered
385 Posts
^^ good to know. I always wanted to pick up a set, but I remember someone writing that there was a 1-2mm rubbing the brake caliper with some Miata wheels and had to get a thin spacer (may have been Daisies though..don't remember). I know the CB, bolt pattern are exactly the same. the Weight and looks are +

·
Registered
5 Posts
No caliper issues to report. They are 4x100 14x6, offset 45mm. They weigh in around 10.5lbs a piece without a tire. I highly recommend them if you ever come across any for sale!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello gang. Been a long while since I've posted in here. My little Accent SE and I have had many years of fun and the adventure continues. Today she's got just over 120,000 miles and still runs like new. The full body pic is to show off the fact that the paint is still shiny and purty. To this day random people walk up to me and wanna buy it. Down here in southern california where we get excited if gas is less than 3 bucks a gallon people really notice a gas sipper like mine. The second pic is showing off what we proud Accent hatchback owners already know: helping a friend move? Who needs a truck?! Love that space!!

Attachments

2921 - 2940 of 2971 Posts
About this Discussion
3K Replies
341 Participants
GSTATUS
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing