Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats on the new turbo!

It looks like there will be no shortage of excellent picture-taking locations in your area...I'm down in Fl. and missing autumn, big time.Those country roads looks so good, they almost hurt. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Harbor grey is now my first choice. Looks even better in person, in the metal. I'll be looking forward to your pics after you get tints. Thanks.

May I ask why you chose the Limited over the SE? Can you speak to the differences in their road manners? I'm pretty sure I want the SE, but I don't know if I can live with that drab grey interior. I want to know if the extra 3 or so grand for the Limited with black interior, minus the "sporty" tuned suspension and steering of the SE(which I wanted), is a worthwhile trade-off. Any thoughts? Anyone?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I paid $140 for my tint.

·
Registered
655 Posts
that's the exact color I'm interested in, w/ black leather.
I'm still not a fan of the 18" rims, they look forced. The 17" limiteds have a more elegant look similar to the other luxury sedans out there.
The 18"ers just look too much like custom wheels a kids put on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Harbor Grey was my first choice as well, and I'm glad the only Limited Turbo in my area just happened to be Harbor Grey. Every Sonata I saw in person looked good except for the purpley blue color, but the Grey, Black, Silver, and Pacific Blue Pearl are my favorites.

I chose the Limited over the SE due to the fact of no nav/sunroof on the Black SE Turbo that the local dealership had. I also wanted the heated leather seats, but it wouldn't have been a deal breaker. I'm glad I have the seats now since the weather in the mornings is in the 20's already. I really can't speak too much about performance between the SE and Limited because I only drove the SE for about 10 miles on the highway. I mainly wanted to see the power difference between the turbo and the naturally aspirated Sonatas. Whether you choose the SE or Limited is really a personal choice of what features you want, but I would recommend buying the turbo due to the not so big price difference, especially when you break it down over 5 years.

Overall MPG at my first fillup was 25 MPG (400mi/16gal). I did get 36 MPG on Interstate on the drive home from the dealership. My commute to work is on country roads and up and down several large hills. Since I'm just now closing in on 500 miles, I haven't "opened" it up yet. The turbo does come in handy in real-life situations like passing and merging. I think too many people put too much emphasis on the 0-60 MPH test and not the 20-60 MPH where the turbo really shines.

The weather is suppose to be really nice this week, so if I can get the windows tinted and the car cleaned up real good I'll take some better pics and post them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Buckeye...

I've heard a sales guy in a YouTube video say that the Limited Turbo comes with a full 'bright chrome' grill, as opposed to the 'Smoked Chrome' cross-bars of both SEs and the regular Limited.(I couldn't tell for sure from the one in his video)...Can you verify this?

·
Registered
386 Posts
QUOTE (Hues @ Nov 12 2010, 10:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371284
Buckeye...

I've heard a sales guy in a YouTube video say that the Limited Turbo comes with a full 'bright chrome' grill, as opposed to the 'Smoked Chrome' cross-bars of both SEs and the regular Limited.(I couldn't tell for sure from the one in his video)...Can you verify this?

i take it back...i'm unsure lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a pic of the grill.

Grill

As you can see, it's raining today and I couldn't get it wiped off very well.

Ohio has some pretty stupid tint laws and now I'm wondering what would look "good" on my car, but still maintain being legal. The front windows can only be 50%, but the back windows and rear glass can be as dark as I want. I don't know if I would like there to be much of a noticeable difference in the degree of tint from back to front and a 50% tint isn't very dark at all. To be legal, I'm also going to have to mount the front license plate to my car. I probably won't do this until I'm either warned/cited to do so because the police don't seem to be sticklers on that violation, but I know several people that have run into window tint issues with the local cops.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks for the picture...I'd say the cross-bars look like a perfect match with the surround parts. The color of the wall reflection is the same in all the pieces, as far as I can see.

If you do a site search, there's got to be about a half dozen threads here on the tint issue.Some with Harbor grays.

Thanks, again, for the pic.

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (buckeye45 @ Nov 14 2010, 01:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371550
Here's a pic of the grill.

Grill

As you can see, it's raining today and I couldn't get it wiped off very well.

Ohio has some pretty stupid tint laws and now I'm wondering what would look "good" on my car, but still maintain being legal. The front windows can only be 50%, but the back windows and rear glass can be as dark as I want. I don't know if I would like there to be much of a noticeable difference in the degree of tint from back to front and a 50% tint isn't very dark at all. To be legal, I'm also going to have to mount the front license plate to my car. I probably won't do this until I'm either warned/cited to do so because the police don't seem to be sticklers on that violation, but I know several people that have run into window tint issues with the local cops.
I tend to stick to the even tinting and go with a medium all the way around. It doest draw that much attention, it's safer at night and it cuts like 65% of sun rays which makes a big difference. I have been quoted $175 to the dealer ship of $199. I almost would tend to go to the guy at the dealership and pay a few more bucks because thats pretty much all he works on and has that rear window down solid. Have you tried to clean the rear window from the inside? Also, for those that have the Nav you have to know what you are doing when tinting the rear window. Some tints with metalic particals in them will mess with the Nav system. Be sure your tint guy knows this. Also, I yanked the front dealer license fram off soon as I got home. These cars look so bitchin without that plate on the front! :thumbsup: When DMV sends the new plates, I think I'll keep it in the back truck with the new frame less the receipt for the frame and if I get pulled over I'll say I just got the frame and am in the process of mounting it officer :whistling: :innocent:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts