Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share with you guys some mods I'm ordering next week as I wait for my Black SE to come in about 2 weeks : )

My friend sent me these pics from Korea. These are the emblems that the Sonata's in Korea have, which are called "Y20" instead of "Sonata"

The Carbon Fiber Grill is a replacement grill for about $250.00

The Headlight eye lids are about $70.00

The Spoiler Lip is about $150.00

Also plan to get a 35% tint $80.00

Enjoy : )

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (Eunce @ Apr 18 2010, 01:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314249
Just wanted to share with you guys some mods I'm ordering next week as I wait for my Black SE to come in about 2 weeks : )

My friend sent me these pics from Korea. These are the emblems that the Sonata's in Korea have, which are called "Y20" instead of "Sonata"

The Carbon Fiber Grill is a replacement grill for about $250.00

The Headlight eye lids are about $70.00

The Spoiler Lip is about $150.00

Also plan to get a 35% tint $80.00

Enjoy : )

"Y20" trim for sonata with 2.0 engine (we don't have it in NA) and "F24Gdi" sonata is the one with 2.4GDI engine =) , 2011 sonata is called YF sonata in Korea =) (you can find few things on ebay by searching "YF sonata" )

·
Registered
426 Posts
We have seen this stuff offered by Shark racing. I want to get the trunk lip, but they can not confirm color match even with our paint codes given to them. they have totally different names for all colors.

·
Registered
49 Posts
These things are pretty nice looking...that carbon grill is really cool! I do have one question though and it is just a question, without any hidden meaning. Why do people want to pull the "H" badges off of their Sonatas? I see Neons and Sunfires all the time with their badges removed and I always wonder why. I mean it still looks like a Neon and no lack of badges will convince me otherwise and the owners must know this. Is it because it makes the car more personalized?

·
Registered
145 Posts
" Is it because it makes the car more personalized?"

Yes. Some ppl like myself just love a clean shaven look. Most of my cars in the last few years I've either had the dealer pull the emblems or i have done so myself. For me its not trying to be something else or ashamed of car brand(i hate it when cars front and put a totally different brand emblem to replace), its just something ive done forever. Like putting on new wheels or tinting the windows or adding electonics to the interior. I personally think the Hyundai "H" symbol is one of the sexiest design out there!

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (rickyrickthedj @ Apr 18 2010, 01:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314325
" Is it because it makes the car more personalized?"

Yes. Some ppl like myself just love a clean shaven look. Most of my cars in the last few years I've either had the dealer pull the emblems or i have done so myself. For me its not trying to be something else or ashamed of car brand(i hate it when cars front and put a totally different brand emblem to replace), its just something ive done forever. Like putting on new wheels or tinting the windows or adding electonics to the interior. I personally think the Hyundai "H" symbol is one of the sexiest design out there!
Makes sense...thanks. I have never been one to do that, so I was just curious as to the reasons.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Having seen those headlight trim pieces before, I've wondered how they'd look color-matched....A slight shape change and a little reduction of headlight acreage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts