Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide me a pic of how they wire the foglights in the SE and Limited models. Do they have a separate line to the fuse box and if so can someone take a picture of where it is on the fuse box. Thanks! I have a GLS and want to have some LED strip lights as foglights but not sure how to wire it.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (nycsfx @ Jun 30 2010, 01:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337486
Can anyone provide me a pic of how they wire the foglights in the SE and Limited models. Do they have a separate line to the fuse box and if so can someone take a picture of where it is on the fuse box. Thanks! I have a GLS and want to have some LED strip lights as foglights but not sure how to wire it.
why not just make it simple and tap into parking lights?

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 30 2010, 01:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337488
why not just make it simple and tap into parking lights?
Would this not cause a fuse to blow?

I also want to take on this project. Which led strip are you getting OP?

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jun 30 2010, 01:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337489
Would this not cause a fuse to blow?

I also want to take on this project. Which led strip are you getting OP?

LED's are very low voltage..unless the stock fuse is like 5amps, I don't forsee any issue

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm would using those wire tap-in squeeze connectors from radioshack be good enough to tap into the DRL wires?

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (nycsfx @ Jul 1 2010, 04:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337941
Hmm would using those wire tap-in squeeze connectors from radioshack be good enough to tap into the DRL wires?
if you tap into the DRL, they will only work w/o lights on.....doesn't make much sense but hey, your car not mine!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O the parking lights n DRLs r different lights? I didnt know that. I thought it was light from the same light bulb. Crap better double check before i do it haha.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (nycsfx @ Jul 1 2010, 04:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337953
O the parking lights n DRLs r different lights? I didnt know that. I thought it was light from the same light bulb. Crap better double check before i do it haha.
yeah the DRL's are the high beams run at half voltage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts