Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

Been a while since I posted - been busy moving into a new house.

Here is what has happened to my car - installed Apex lowering springs, intstalled and removed Ultra Racing lower bars and strut bar (strut bar is for sale, BTW), installed DC Sports strut bar, AEM intake, removed hood seal and removed plastic engine cover, deleted rear wiper (left rear panels off), installed shift knob, installed factory lower lip, and deleted rear seats.

Thanks to Scott Murfin @ Can Alignment and Chris M at WC Lathe Werks.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Out of extreme curiousity, why did you remove the rear wiper? I have to say, I find it pretty useful in heavy rain and in the winter... and I plan on removing the rear seats too and putting in a drop floor to even it out. Just trying to find a local place selling automotive carpeting first. Though I'm not looking all that hard.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Naky @ Aug 15 2010, 11:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349600
Out of extreme curiousity, why did you remove the rear wiper? I have to say, I find it pretty useful in heavy rain and in the winter... and I plan on removing the rear seats too and putting in a drop floor to even it out. Just trying to find a local place selling automotive carpeting first. Though I'm not looking all that hard.
I deleted the wiper to clean up the look of the rear end. It also saves a bit of weight. I find I only used it a few times a year. Plus, I'm the only one I know of who has done it to an Accent. This may inspire others to do it as well, to help clean up the look at the back. Now every Accent I see with a wiper looks "dirty" lol

Any other comments about the wiper delete?

Dave

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Aug 16 2010, 10:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349668
I like the idea of removing the back seats, and pretty much making the accent a 2 seater, and getting a **** load of trunk space.

Thanks - the amount of space saved as well as weight is huge! I may just get a black blanket and cover the silver - not in any mood to paint it soon. But for daily driving, keeping it stealth is probably the way to go!

Ditto on the amount of trunk space!

Dave

·
Registered
497 Posts
Congrats on the new house :)

I love the stance of your car! Looks amazing :D

Questions lol...
What does removing the hood seal do though?
Are you going to remove the rear seat belts?
Are you putting the rear panels back on to clean it up?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (lv_3600 @ Aug 16 2010, 11:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349689
Congrats on the new house :)

I love the stance of your car! Looks amazing :D

Questions lol...
What does removing the hood seal do though?
Are you going to remove the rear seat belts?
Are you putting the rear panels back on to clean it up?

I've heard it allows air to flow through, thereby cooling off the engine a wee bit more. With a short ram, it MAY benefit allowing some cooler air to get into it.

I eventually may tackle the rear belts - have to pop off some panels - maybe at a later date.

I not in a hurry to put the rear panels on just yet, but maybe later. I snapped the side panels for the rear hatch but bought replacements, so all is good.

Dave

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yikes -

Had an exhaust installed today, at GT Custom Exhaust in Pickering by Paul. A great guy, very fast service.

I got the Magnaflow Universal with a 3.5" tip - didn't want to go too big, otherwise I'd look even more ricey!

I love the sound, I think it's just breaking in right now!

All is good in the world.

Have a good one everybody!

Dave

And here is the pig (turtle) it replaces - good for my weight savings program!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Pfffttt... Just go outside now :) LOLOL

Btw.. RE: the suspension....Did you manage to fix anything with the bump stop issue?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (lv_3600 @ Aug 16 2010, 08:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349824
Pfffttt... Just go outside now :) LOLOL

Btw.. RE: the suspension....Did you manage to fix anything with the bump stop issue?
Yup -

Got the front bump stops cut (one knob lopped off), and installed camber bolts to straighten it out - drives absolutely perfect now.

Believe it or not, I am actually heading out for a drive right now! Seriously!

BFN

Dave

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ontario I see. If you live in Toronto(or Brantford lol) I'd love to go for a spin with you. I'd love to feel the difference between your car and mine. What is your total cost so far?

·
Registered
651 Posts
nice gocart. If there was one thing from and SE that I wish I had it's a rear wiper.

...can't believe you pulled it off.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts