Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some really good work using the 3M D-NOC carbon fiber vinyls to cover some of the interior trims and was wondering if anyone has done anything like that to their Sonata's. I want to cover up the piano black in my interiors and I can't find info on how to remove each individual peace to wrap it easier. Anyone know how? I plan on doing the side trims that are on the 4 doors and the center console where the vents are. Also the 2 vents on each side. I think it would look great.

·
Registered
386 Posts
they are assembled so they should be able to come off

I did a CF fabric wrap on my previous car and turned out well but I want to see someone else do it first to see how it would look on the Sonata.

I have black interior(not gray) so piano black fits right in(at least IMO)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (blacksapphirez @ Dec 4 2010, 01:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376852
they are assembled so they should be able to come off

I did a CF fabric wrap on my previous car and turned out well but I want to see someone else do it first to see how it would look on the Sonata.

I have black interior(not gray) so piano black fits right in(at least IMO)
I think it looks pretty good too as my interior is black with wine leather seats but I was just curious as to how the piano black parts would look like if it was wrapped in carbon fiber. I think that piano black is gonna scratch very easily or show swirl marks. Just wanted to see if anyone has done anything like that and how easy is it to remove those parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd be interested in finding carbon fiber replacement parts or faux carbon fiber. Any ideas if someone makes these?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts