Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that my wheels are finally pealing like crazy thanks to the salty roads and questionable finish on my 2013 2.0T wheels. I think I will refinish them this summer and may go for the graphite color from dupli-color. I downloaded a 2013 Santa Fe silver photo and started photoshopping it to see what it might look like with darker wheels and red calipers. Just kept going and arrived at this photo. Painted the front area black and also tweaked the chrome on the front grill, too.

thought i'd share.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would it be possible to throw up a current pic as a point of reference?

Looks good either way!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got a set of aluminum wheels blasted and powder coated black, and they came out great. Unless you prep the wheels, they will continue to oxidize under anything you can spray on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a set of aluminum wheels blasted and powder coated black, and they came out great. Unless you prep the wheels, they will continue to oxidize under anything you can spray on.
Yes, I know the salt is rough on the wheels. I need to do a better job about running through the car wash a few times over the winter rather than doing nothing but "rain washing" from October to March. I'm in central ohio, so plenty of snow and salty roads. If I refinish the wheels, I will definitely lay it on thick and put on plenty of clear coats, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts