Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe XL and recently I've been having a problem with my Galaxy S9 in my car.

The phone stays in Private Mode when I try to dial out or receive calls. I'm not sure if it's a setting in the car or in my phone since the same thing happens in my wife's Ford Escape. Having said that, I can't find anything regarding a private mode in my phone that would relate to my car. I have already unpaired, deleted and paired it numerous times. As well, I have restarted my phone. All with no luck.

Is there a setting in the car that I can adjust?

Many thanks.

-R

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have a 2014 XL and never that issues with all of my previous and current phones, between me and my wife we both have IPhone but I don’t think that matters. I know you mentioned it does the same thing on both vehicles but did you try to see if your wife’s phone does the same thing in your SF? If I recall there is an option somewhere that you can select or deselect private mode and you might have to do that during a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2014 XL and never that issues with all of my previous and current phones, between me and my wife we both have IPhone but I don’t think that matters. I know you mentioned it does the same thing on both vehicles but did you try to see if your wife’s phone does the same thing in your SF? If I recall there is an option somewhere that you can select or deselect private mode and you might have to do that during a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When it was working properly before, I would occasionally get that message if I want to transfer to Private Mode but nothing comes up when I'm using the phone in the car now. The only other option I'll have to still try is my wife's phone in my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: It corrected itself - it's working again now. Technology, go figure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts