Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I connect my Evo 4G to my 2010 Tucson via Bluetooth it says something about "Loading Phone Directory". Where is this directory loaded to? What sort of directory are we talking about here? A contacts directory? Or is it accessing my file directory and looking for mp3s? (I had an Alpine that did that) Furthermore, how can I access this directory (whatever it is) from my Tucson?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's loading your phone's contact list into the system so that you can use voice activated dialing. It will do this each time the phone syncs up to the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
QUOTE (Todd Nicholson @ Jul 6 2010, 02:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339346
It's loading your phone's contact list into the system so that you can use voice activated dialing. It will do this each time the phone syncs up to the car.
QFT

My Evo syncs every time I get into my Tucson (assuming I have BT turned on with my Evo). Sometimes it takes a few minutes to sync, but then you're good to go.

·
Registered
51 Posts
QUOTE (JaredC01 @ Jul 9 2010, 01:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340102
QFT

My Evo syncs every time I get into my Tucson (assuming I have BT turned on with my Evo). Sometimes it takes a few minutes to sync, but then you're good to go.
Same things happens with my Tucson GLS. Good to hear that this is normal because I was going to create a post. I was under the impression that the address book was only downloaded once and was saved somewhere in the system so it wouldn't have to redownload all the time. It doesn't seem right to me, but I guess its normal to have to redownload everytime I restart the car? Sometimes I start the car 5-10 different times per day and every time it says "Transfer Complete".

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yep, it's normal. I went through the same thing right after I got mine. Confirmed normal operation by the dealer and by the people on this board (and 2011 Sonata owners which works the same).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts