Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having problems with the 3 phone control buttons on the steering wheel. The Pick Up and Hang Up buttons work fine. The problem is the one with face on it. It seems like it only works 1 out of 10 tries. That button is much better because I can say the full command at one time versus using the pick up button and going through the prompts.

I have not taken it back yet to have it looked at but wanted to see if anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (Brandon TampaFL @ Jul 28 2010, 07:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345474
Is anyone having problems with the 3 phone control buttons on the steering wheel. The Pick Up and Hang Up buttons work fine. The problem is the one with face on it. It seems like it only works 1 out of 10 tries. That button is much better because I can say the full command at one time versus using the pick up button and going through the prompts.

I have not taken it back yet to have it looked at but wanted to see if anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
My wife's car and my car both have same problem.....I quit using blue tooth all together.

I find this much more effective!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Depends what commands you are saying. Mine works fine when I'm just saying dial and give the number. But phone book entries can be more difficult and finicky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not a matter of commands, the button is dead most of the time. Pressing it does nothing. I have to resort to the button with the phone which I do not like.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah i was getting fed up with it, it's more distracting getting mad at my bluetooth than it is to just pick up the phone.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just have a random problem with the phone and car not connecting. Has happened maybe 3 times over 2 months.

·
Registered
264 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jul 28 2010, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345486
I just have a random problem with the phone and car not connecting. Has happened maybe 3 times over 2 months.
that happened only once to me so far. of course when i was driving in traffic with an incoming call... had to go into the phone options in the car and hit the "connect" button on the screen, then its been fine since.

my bigger complaint about the bluetooth is the phone connecting to the car when the car is off. ill be on the phone and walk over to get something from the car, as soon as i open the door i lose my call to the car. but since the car is not running, theres no audio inside either. ive even had the bluetooth connected to the car when im inside my apartment.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'll have to try out the button more. I'm just in the habit of using the on screen keypad to dial my calls. I've not experienced any connectivity issues so far. Unless I forget to turn on BT on the phone. I shut it off when away from the car when I travel for work every week.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 2011 Sonata GLS that works pretty well with my HTC Driod Eris (plays nicer then with my Garmin Bluetooth GPS.) Making calls is for the most part seemless, but receiving calls can be somewhat problemsome.
When the call comes in and i press the sterring wheel pick-up button sometimes the call is received right away, but other times i can here the person talking on the phone first before i can here the person through the car speakers, or the car ringer goes on for a second or two not connecting the call and finally sometimes i am saying hello, hello for a second or two.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Maybe I've been lucky? My bluetooth has worked flawlessly since day one. Over 10,000 miles ago. I use it pretty much everyday. Take yours to the dealership and get what you paid for. It should work everytime!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've been pretty lucky too, my Samsung Gravity-T has worked pretty well with the Bluetooth. I use mine almost every day, since Washington has a $150 fine for talking on the cell phone while driving. The only time I have trouble is when I am on the phone talking on the handset and start the car. The call takes a few seconds to switch over.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
When I first got my Santa Fe, the 'speak' button (with the face) would only work once. If I made a call, it would not respond again until I shut the car off and turned it back on. I could still make a call by pressing the green "pick up" button but as you said, that takes forever. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the speak button to no avail so the tech called Hyundai Techline who said the phone was to blame. It was an old LG VX8560 and I was eligible for an upgrade so I visited the Verizon store and walked out 20 minutes later with a brand new Motorola Droid 2. Now the speak button works every time and even the sound quality through the speakers is better.

Chances are your phone is to blame so I'd look into replacing that before jumping to the conclusion that the car is at fault.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts