Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the head gasket on my missus peugeot 206. with the 1.4i petrol motor. It's been driven for about 6 months with a blown head gasket -not blowing into any cylinder, but oil and water channels mixed. So oil leaking everywhere and oil in cooling system, header tank, everywhere.

Q1. this is a wet block with floating cylinders, there is all sorts of granular crud around the cylinders where coolant goes. I tried to get as much as possible out, but its impossible to get it all. Shoud I just put the new gasket /head on, then flush out the cooling system with a hose and some soap or something like that?

Q2, ive locked the motor with pins but some carbon and old gasket crud has gone down into the two low cylinders and is sitting around the sides of the pistons. The two high pistons also have crud around the edges but hopefully I san use a small brush to get it out. Should I try compressed air or will that just force the crud down beside the pistons? any ideas welcome

Q3, what is the proper method of removing oil/water from the head bolt holes in the block?

thanks

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
The engine is toast. It needs to be completely tore down and cleaned or you'll end up with a blown engine within 1000 miles.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you explain why will it blow if I clean up the crap off the pistons and put a new head gasket on?
its been driving with the crap in the coolant for well over 2000 miles over the last 6 months

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
The sludge will more than likely plug oil galleries. It'll slowly starve bearings.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sludge will more than likely plug oil galleries. It'll slowly starve bearings.
ah ok. now i see.
however the sludge is only in the coolant areas. and once i replace the gasket they will be isolated from oil. also the oil is under higher pressure so oil going into coolant, not reverse -rember the combustion chambers gasket was not breached.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
If the oil is not contaminated you'll be OK. If the engine has been pushing oil w/ glycol mixed for that long it'll not last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts