Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2010 Santa Fe about a month ago. now that the wife and i have more room, the dog needs to stay in the trunk area on the way to the park. Looking to get a pet barrier thing to keep my little Beagle from trying to climb over the seats or trying to scratch my leather. If anyone has one let me know if they like it, and it needs to be able to pull in and out.

Thanx for the help.

turboblu

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought the one pictured at this link
www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/Ho.../Six-bar%2BAuto%2BPet%2BBarrier.jsp?locale=en
As long as your dog won't fit through the bars, you should be good to go.
I did not use the rubber "feet" on the bottom part as I found that by leaving them off, and having it leaning back at an angle, I can still access the trunk storage area. If you install it straight up and down, the trunk lid will not be able to raise.
I also placed some pool noodles around the lower tubes of the barrier, to protect my buddy if I have to hit the brakes.
You also may want to position a mat so that it folds out and protects the top of the bumper from claws.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
I'm not a dog owner but I've often wondered about simply using the floor hooks in combination with a body tether. If your Beagle is anything like my brother's (nice dog but about as trainable as a patio stone), the only way to protect your leather is to make it physically impossible for him to reach it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts